It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
(female)

hoosiermomof4 HB User
I can't help but think these are all related somehow??

My main conditions are as follows:

Hypothyroid, Dx'd at age 17 (1993) b/c I was passing out. I have been placed on Synthroid at doses of 75 mcg to 225 mcg depending on what my blood work shows. It doesn't usually stay in the normal ranges very long even though I take them medication at same time each day, empty stomach and same brand of medication.

In 2004 I began having ovarian cysts. Between 2004-2009 I had to have laporscopy surgery for ovarian cysts 9 times, finally in 2009 we decided to remove the ovaries due to all the cysts. Being on birth control, etc. did not help from them happening.

In 2008, after a surgery for the cysts I developed a DVT in my gonadal vein. They believed that was due to the surgery however it was a rare place and thing to happen I was told.

In 2010 I began having alot upper chest and rib pains. HIDA scan was borderline and I had gallbladder removed. Upper endoscopy biopsy showed Barrett's Esophagus. This was shocking b/c I have never had GERD or any kind of stomach issues. I am not a drinker, not a smoker.

Recently I began having chest pains again, another upper endoscopy was done which showed continued Barrett's and Esophagitis.

I can't help but to think these things are related: thyroid, ovaries, esophagus, ?blood clot.

Once my PCP thought fibromyalgia and sent me to a Rhuematologist who did blood tests but said it was not any kind of arthritis, etc.

My recent visit to ER is when the doc there said she remembers something about these things and that they are somehow related, (she was recalling surgical rotation days) but it was years ago and suggested I see a GREAT internalist. I have an appt w/ an internalist but I'm trying to research as much as I can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread