It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
(female)

hurricanefan HB User
What is wrong with me?

Hi there.
Was wondering if I could get some suggestions from the group.
In early 2010, I went to the doc complaining of fatigue, inability to lose weigh and generally feeling "cruddy". I had an ultrasound done in May, 2010 and they found some nodules, but no one was concerned. Note from that ultrasound was "muliple small right sided hypoechoic nodules ranging up to approx. 9mm. Ultra sound done in March, 2011 indicated I had a nodule that grew to slightly greater than 1cm and the suspect nodule approx. doubled in size. Doc ordered FNA and mentioned "if it's cancer, this is the kind to get". Went in for the FNA and they couldn't find the suspect nodule with ultrasound and sent me home with orders to get another ultrasound done in 6 months. Since then (in the past few weeks), I've noticed a change in my voice, persistent cough (I can't get thru a conversation with out clearing my throat multiple times), and an increasing tightness in my throat - feels like something is pressing down. I can feel there is a lump and it has gotten bigger since my original ultrasound. I don't feel like anyone is taking me serious because all labs are coming back in the "normal" range:
TSH 2.33
T3 2.8
T4 1.1
Calcium 9.6 (was 10.2 in December, 2010)
PTH 33.9

Any ideas, help, suggestions?

Closed Thread