It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
(female)

Dixzeland HB User
Hyperparathyroid

I have a question relating to Hyperparathyroid. My PTh levels were high as well as my calcium levels. I had a normal Ultra Sound of my thyroid and it also didn't show any enlarged parathyroids. My next scan a Sestamibi, was also normal. My doctor is now having me wait for 4 weeks to see me back in his office to discuss treatment options. Also normal was my 24 hour urine test.

Anyone had both scans to be normal but have abnormal blood work?

I have felt so sick for the past 18 months with various symtoms as the ones mentioned for Hyperparathryoid. My blood pressure is the main problem. It gets very high and I get tachycardia. Never had bp problems before. I also get a "yuck" feeling over all that comes and goes. Trouble sleeping and staying asleep and the list goes on.

Thanks for any advice

Old 09-09-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
(female)

ThirstyMagnolia HB User
Re: Hyperparathyroid

From my understanding, if your CA is high repeatedly you most likely have a parathyroid tumor. If it's on the small side, an ultrasound and sestamibi scan will not pick it up since the parathyroid glands are behind the thyroid and are usually the size of a sesame seed. Also, if the technician who did your scans is not skilled the results will be negative even if you do have a tumor. Are you seeing an endocrinologist who has experience with parathyroids?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread