It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
(female)

Genie1083 HB User
Question 2yr old with one kidney and high Thyroid levels

Hi, we have been dealing with my son having a fever for OVER a month now. He is almost two (in one month) and was born with one kidney (horseshoe kidney). I have been on top of his doc for a while now and he's tried 2 different antibiotics on him to see if his fever was due to a infection somewhere. (for about 2 weeks he did have a sinus infection/ ear infection but that has since gone away). I finally got fed up with just waiting around while DAILY my son had a fever of 100-101... (not normal) and finally just drove him to the office and demanded to see his doc. They decided to pull blood (FINALLY) and called me back the next morning stating i needed to get him into thier office to get an ultrasound done on his kidney since his levels were eleveated. I was freaking out the whole way there since i had been told since he was born that his kidney will be a sensitive subject his whole life and he'e not going to have the stongest immune system with it being that way. Anyhow.. here ive been so concerned this whole time about when ever he gets a cold that something could turn up with his kidney and have been told every time that his kidney is fine and now this. so we had also gone to Childrens Hospital to get another opinion on how his blood looks and they find out that he also has elevated Thyroid levels! I was like.. WHAT?! so what does this mean? they still are waiting on the rest of the results for the tests that they have done but those wont come back till next week. I then proceded to get a call from a lady that works at the kidney doctors office that we were going to try and get an appt for and she said they would like to see him on the 26ths of July! um... NO. i want him seen like asap. why do i feel like i'm the only one concerned about this when, Logan obviously has elevated kidney AND thyroid levels and has had a fever for over a month. Am i just over reacting? does anyone eles have any clue as too what could be going on? or maybe have gone through this kind of thing themselves? thanks for any input.

concern mama....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread