It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Hypothyroid, Just tested for Hashimotos

Hello,
First time posting on this board. Just a quick question...
I had a Dr test me for Autoimmune Disorders, blood test. It's been awhile. But it was negative...
Anyhow, I seen a Endocrinologist today who thinks I might have Hashimotos. She's testing me, blood test. Anyhow, are they the same test?
My Grandmother has it but she thinks it's under control while the rest of us disagree. So, not sure the treatment on it?
I'm on Armour, not willing to switch.
Also I have allot of water retention & poor circulation. Blood pressure is fine. I had this years ago & that's when I started being treated with the Armour. It took awhile but I lost 55 pounds in 3 months. I kept it off until the beginning of 2010 then ballooned out again. I think I carry allot of water weight.
The Dr I seen today said I should be eating plenty of Protein & that will help rid the water weight... I don't eat much but I do eat is healthy (yet gained weight for no reason). Maybe I'm not eating enough protein... She did some kind of test for that also...
Anyways, just checking in to see what others thought...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Closed Thread