It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
(female)

artsitme HB User
New PCP needed - GirlySoGroovy?

I've been reading some of the older threads about diagnosis for hyperparathyroidism, and saw one by GirlySoGroovy. She mentioned that she had a wonderful PCP in the Dallas area. I'm west of Dallas, and closer to Ft. Worth, but wanted to know if she'd be able to pass on the name of her PCP, and Endo that she likes so much.

I've been researching hyperparathyroidism, and suspect I may have it. I am a 49-year old female. My calcium levels have been bouncing around from 9.1 to 10.4 over the past 5 months, and my symptoms have been incredibly difficult to manage. In fact, it was only by chance that I was led in this direction. One calcium test came out high. The rest have been 9.1, 10.1, 9.4, 10.4 (high)...Quest's range is 8.6 - 10.2. Once I noticed the high calcium, I began looking back at the other tests. The most recent test to include calcium, ionized calcium, and pth was Calcium 10.0 (range 8.6-10.2), Ionized calcium 5.0 (4.8-5.5), and Pth 33 (range 10-65). I tried to get a second set of these tests done, but the doctor failed to run the pth...this set gave me a calcium level of 9.7, and ionized calcium of 5.2.

Symptoms include: Radiating mid-spine, cracking joints, insomnia, racing heart, need to urinate more often, achy joints, burning stomach, nausea, and my thigh, quad, and buttock muscles feel weak. Foggy brain, vein inflammation throughout body, dry eyes, dry mouth, etc.

When I addressed the high calcium, and asked for testing to see if it could be parathyroid related, my doctor stated that he didn't think so, because I didn't have kidney stones! I have been studying Dr. Norman's website for the last month, and I know that only 24% of patients have had kidney stones. I'm so disgusted with my doctor, and his nurses at this time, and feel it's time to find a better doctor. If anyone is in the mid-cities region between the cities of Ft. Worth, and Dallas, please let me know who you've been happy with for an internal medicine doctor, endo, or pcp. My parathyroid would be eternally grateful! By the way, I have no problem going to Dr. Norman for surgery if diagnosed....it's just getting the other tests ran that seems to be the problem!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread