It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
(female)

babette2 HB User
Exclamation high liver count - extremely worried, please help!

i have just found out that my last blood test revealed a very high liver count. i don't know the exact figures, but all my bloods have come back absolutely fine - apart from my liver count. it seems to be so significant to my gp that i have been referred for an ultrasound next week. although i live in switzerland, and they take medical care very seriously, i am very worried as to what this means for me...

i am 36, i don't drink at all (occasionally i cook using wine) and weigh 60 kilos (120 pounds?) at a height of 5'3. in 2009 all my levels were fine, apart from low ferritin for which i received an infusion.

i was a vegetarian (ovo lacto) for 20 years before i started eating meat again, sometimes in larger quantities, and i admit i made good use of the bbq season last year... (this was after the bloods in 2009, due to the low ferritin). i don't have hepatis or hiv. i do feel bloated and tender on the right side of my body, but this wasn't a daily issue and was often helped simply by passing wind (ahem... ). i have completely normal bowel movements and have only lost my appetite after i heard about the bad blood test... i don't suffer from reflux, and i can't say that i am in pain straight after meals or so. weight has been steady. i do like my sweet treats... i do take pain killers on occasion, in early december frequent use of ibuprofen/paracetamol due to a sinus infection. i have none of the outward signs of liver failure like jaundice etc.

early last year i had a bout of nightsweats, but given my age i thought it was hormonal. i was also under severe emotional stress, which has only eased during the last few weeks. the nightsweats have not been continuous. my menstrual cycle seems to be shorter, 21-25 days, usually around 23 days. bloating and tenderness more often before ovulation and before period, which is why i had attributed the symptoms to my reproductive system. however, ultrasound of uterus and ovaries was fine. urine tests came back clear.

i'm obviously very scared that my ultrasound will show cancer and that i will be told i only have a short time to live, and google doesn't come up with many alternatives, only horrible diseases. has anyone here ever had very high liver counts that reveale something less fatal? i have been stressing about it so much, that i've had a sore tummy and have lost my appetite just from worrying!

anyone, help, please?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
(female)

juner50 HB User
Re: high liver count - extremely worried, please help!

Hi,
Quite often use of Tylenol and tylenol like products and Advil, Aleve and ibuprofen can raise liver enzymes in some individuals. Also some herbal teas and or some herbal cold remedies.
It's probably nothing serious, however you should get it checked out just for peace of mind.

Closed Thread