It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

KT_03 HB User
I want to back off Metoprolol and Amlodipine

I see that many have asked for assistance in backing off medications and answers have been forth coming at this site. I am hoping that someone will help me.

I was put on 25 mg Metoprolol and 10 mg Amlodipine for BP. I have COPD to start with which can cause a problem as far as beta blockers.

After being on the meds for about 8 days I started to have more breathing problems than is normal for me with my COPD. I dropped back to 12.5 mg of Metoprolol and have been on that ever since, which would be about 6 weeks now. The 12.5 mg of Metoprolol and 10 mg Amlodipine seemed to be handling my BP very well. It was running in the 120's/70's.

But then I started to feel more breathing problems so I dropped the Amlodipine from 10 mg to 5 mg. That helped the breathing problems again, but BP started coming up. However, now I'm having excessive breathing problems again.

Can anyone offer me any advice?

Reply Reply