HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Endocrine Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/endocrine-disorders/)
-   -   Fatigue, but nothing conclusive (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/endocrine-disorders/904587-fatigue-but-nothing-conclusive.html)

Deanne1962 06-11-2012 01:53 PM

Fatigue, but nothing conclusive

I recently had a visit to a new physician, as I have getting the run around with my local VA clinic. I am currently chelating out mercury and lead from my body, the latter metal being very high in my system, based on a provocation test.
So far, my kidney function has been fairly stable, with creatininine, eGFR and BUN being well within normal bounds (have measured low on vitamin D level). My ACTH came out at 26, about mid-range; my TSH was at 6.06, with 5 being the upper range of this test. I got a letter from the doctor's office saying everything was within normal range. However, I have daily fatigue.
I am taking anti-oxidant vitamin and mineral supplements, at the levels recommended for my heavy metal chelating regimen. I am also taking supplements for adrenal support, as heavy metal removal can be tax the adrenals.
I don't know where to go from here, as every test comes up normal, but I still feel very fatigued, especially upon awakening (must take melatonin, and other things to sleep at night, as I get energy spikes late at night!)
What might I be missing? Is it possible that I have CFS (ME?) from heavy metal toxicity, without there being any marked endocrine issue? I do feel better by walking briskly with my Standard Poodle. I also eat a lot of green leafy veggies and eat plenty of fruit.

EMG79 07-10-2012 10:47 PM

Re: Fatigue, but nothing conclusive

Ive been dealing with this for year. CFS or Fibro is all I get and I just dont believe it. I too am low on Vit D. Potassium has also been low. Blood pressure was always very good but seems to be elevating. I take adderall now and am still exhausted ALL the time EXCEPT, LATE AT NIGHT! Cortisol came back normal at 22, 8am draw. I await the other results from my (new) endo.
Have u had autoimmune testing? I always have ANA, ESR and CRP testing and its always fine. I am asking my dr (after these results) to do a immunology panel? Iga, Iga, Igm...Thinking maybe if they just start from the beginning...
I have what I cant even call fatigue, its pure exhaustion, aches in joints, prone to tendinitis, bursitis. Constant skin rashes, numbness, tingling, see things in peripheral vision, all over itching and sensations, Im clumsier than I should be, hair is falling out, dry mouth, eyes and nose~ my septum has thinned and I now have a hole in it. LOVELY. Through it all NO inflammation. I had a positive RH once of 25 (20 being high) so barely elevated. On most recent test, it was back to normal.
I have NO clue at all!

EMG79 07-10-2012 10:49 PM

I meant to say yearS. Its been 6

mayfliesmayfly 01-05-2013 01:45 AM

Have them check your FT4 and FT3. With a TSH of 6, you might have a thyroid issue. Ideally, it should be below 2.

EMG79 01-05-2013 11:40 AM

I have had T3, T4, free T's and thyroid autoimmune testing...U name it, its been tested. ALL normal. Recently went to an ENT who said my thyroid seemed "enlarged" and asked if I had blood work recently, which I had.
I just keep going.... sigh, maybe I am a hypochondriac..

mayfliesmayfly 01-05-2013 04:05 PM

What are your numbers? Include the reference ranges, too.

Lady50 01-31-2013 09:52 AM

There is much debate on TSH testing. It is not a proper diagnosis of thyroid disorders. The important ones are Ft4 and Ft3 which need to be in the upper part of the ranges.

You would not believe the hell I have been through with so many doctors relying on the "old school" TSH test.