It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
(male)

Deanne1962 HB UserDeanne1962 HB UserDeanne1962 HB User
Fatigue, but nothing conclusive

I recently had a visit to a new physician, as I have getting the run around with my local VA clinic. I am currently chelating out mercury and lead from my body, the latter metal being very high in my system, based on a provocation test.
So far, my kidney function has been fairly stable, with creatininine, eGFR and BUN being well within normal bounds (have measured low on vitamin D level). My ACTH came out at 26, about mid-range; my TSH was at 6.06, with 5 being the upper range of this test. I got a letter from the doctor's office saying everything was within normal range. However, I have daily fatigue.
I am taking anti-oxidant vitamin and mineral supplements, at the levels recommended for my heavy metal chelating regimen. I am also taking supplements for adrenal support, as heavy metal removal can be tax the adrenals.
I don't know where to go from here, as every test comes up normal, but I still feel very fatigued, especially upon awakening (must take melatonin, and other things to sleep at night, as I get energy spikes late at night!)
What might I be missing? Is it possible that I have CFS (ME?) from heavy metal toxicity, without there being any marked endocrine issue? I do feel better by walking briskly with my Standard Poodle. I also eat a lot of green leafy veggies and eat plenty of fruit.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
(female)

EMG79 HB User
Re: Fatigue, but nothing conclusive

Ive been dealing with this for year. CFS or Fibro is all I get and I just dont believe it. I too am low on Vit D. Potassium has also been low. Blood pressure was always very good but seems to be elevating. I take adderall now and am still exhausted ALL the time EXCEPT, LATE AT NIGHT! Cortisol came back normal at 22, 8am draw. I await the other results from my (new) endo.
Have u had autoimmune testing? I always have ANA, ESR and CRP testing and its always fine. I am asking my dr (after these results) to do a immunology panel? Iga, Iga, Igm...Thinking maybe if they just start from the beginning...
I have what I cant even call fatigue, its pure exhaustion, aches in joints, prone to tendinitis, bursitis. Constant skin rashes, numbness, tingling, see things in peripheral vision, all over itching and sensations, Im clumsier than I should be, hair is falling out, dry mouth, eyes and nose~ my septum has thinned and I now have a hole in it. LOVELY. Through it all NO inflammation. I had a positive RH once of 25 (20 being high) so barely elevated. On most recent test, it was back to normal.
I have NO clue at all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
(female)

EMG79 HB User

I meant to say yearS. Its been 6

Old 01-05-2013, 01:45 AM   #4
(female)

mayfliesmayfly HB Usermayfliesmayfly HB User

Have them check your FT4 and FT3. With a TSH of 6, you might have a thyroid issue. Ideally, it should be below 2.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
(female)

EMG79 HB User

I have had T3, T4, free T's and thyroid autoimmune testing...U name it, its been tested. ALL normal. Recently went to an ENT who said my thyroid seemed "enlarged" and asked if I had blood work recently, which I had.
I just keep going.... sigh, maybe I am a hypochondriac..

Old 01-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
(female)

mayfliesmayfly HB Usermayfliesmayfly HB User

What are your numbers? Include the reference ranges, too.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

There is much debate on TSH testing. It is not a proper diagnosis of thyroid disorders. The important ones are Ft4 and Ft3 which need to be in the upper part of the ranges.

You would not believe the hell I have been through with so many doctors relying on the "old school" TSH test.

Reply Reply