It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
(male)

xboarder2000 HB User
Question Low Testosterone & Hypothyroidism

Hi, I am a 24 year old male and have very low testosterone (144?). I also have Hashimoto's (which causes hypothyroidism). From what I understand the testosterone is controlled by the pituitary gland and thyroxine the thyroid. However, after doing much reading I suspect there is a link between hypothyroidism and low T.

Right now my thyroid is doing the best it's ever been (here is some history: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/thyroid-disorders/909846-naturthroid.html). However, I still feel tired all the time and inadequate regardless of the task. The lack of confidence is troubling and I just can't get motivated. It feels like it takes so much energy when I finally force myself to work for a couple of hours (like, manual labor work).

From what I have read Low T can lead to larger breasts in males, poor muscle mass, diabetes, and even poor concentration among other symptoms. I even read somewhere that hair loss could be due to extremely low testosterone, just as it is possible with extremely high testosterone. Is this true?

I used to go to the gym every other day for 60 minutes but after lifting weights for 6 months I did not get any results. When I switched to cardiovascular I was not able to lose weight regardless of what I did. Aren't these classic low T symptoms?

I've also come across some information regarding relationships with Low T and High Cortisol levels. I'm going to have the doctor test for that next.

My issue with hormone replacement therapy is the document possibility of infertility (I don't care how rare it is) and of course, the price. In fact, may already have wrecked my chances of having kids, as I've already tried Axiron and Androgel, neither of which seemed to make a difference. Anyone's help would be appreciated while I investigate what's going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
(male)

mgrooms04 HB User
Re: Low Testosterone & Hypothyroidism

I can't believe I found someone similar to me. I am 26 and on hormone replacement. I spent two years of my life in bed with terrible headaches, sick and hurting all over, no energy, memory problems, and many more things. It took the doctors forever to figure it out.

It turns out I'm hypopituitary. My brother and dad hit me multiple times in the head when I was 15, leaving me with a nasty concussion and a large scar.

I'm on 1.5 grains of nature throid and just had testosterone pellets implanted 7 weeks ago. My testosterone was 150 before, now 800. I'm starting to sleep better, add muscle, trim body fat, and some energy. I still have headaches, need naps, joint pain, memory and concentration issues.

I started trt with shots, then gel, and now pellets. I felt terrible on shots and gel. My estrogen was three times the max on gel. Could explain the weight gain!

I think the trt has more pros than cons

Reply Reply