It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
(female)

1kate1 HB User
Red face High cortisol but can't find the source - pls help

I have done 4 24-hour urine collection tests and they have all come back high, around 100 (range is up to 50) and several 11 pm saliva cortisol tests and they have come back high. My DHEA is also very high and my aldostersone is low (4). I did a low dose dexamethasone suppression test and it did not suppress and I did a high dose dexa supp test and it did suppress. Based on that my endo sent me for a petrosal sinus sampling and a brain mri - the mri came back with nothing and the petrosal sampling came back with low numbers indicating adrenals. I have had a ct of my adrenals and they look fine. Also, I have lost weight, not gained weight and I am not cushionoide, but I do get a lot of whisckers on my chin (I pluck 'em) and I remove a pretty thick course mustache... I have insomnia because my cortisol elevates at night, irregular menstruation, dry brittle hair, acne, I sweat from the perianal gland, and sometimes the feet and palms, frequent loose bowel movements, no appetite, sensitive stomach and my symptoms are always MUCH worse in the morning and less so at night. I have to take Florinef to keep my salt and water balance.

Any input would be so greatly appreciated. I have been chasing the cortsol source for a year and running out of ideas of where to look or what to do.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this, and especially if you respond. I feel like my endo doesn't know what is up and she's just waiting for my symptoms to get worse so something becomes apparent.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
high cortisol