It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
(female)

Trinity12 HB UserTrinity12 HB User
High PTH, Normal calcium, vitamin D low

I have had both parathyroids on the left removed. I was told that the ones on the right were enlarged. My calcium levels have been up and down but mostly in the high normal range. My most recent labs say high PTH, normal calcium, and vitamin D deficiency. I feel tired and worn out all of the time, get a lot of headaches, am irritable, get bone pain. No kidney stones like the last time though. I have osteopenia.

Do these results mean that my hyperparathyroidism is back again? I know that calcium levels can fluctuate. My doctor needs to set up the referral to my endocrinologist again. I know that if I need a third surgery they said they would remove the parathyroids and put a piece in my forearm. Anyone else have experience with this?

Old 11-07-2012, 05:27 AM   #2
(female)

Trinity12 HB UserTrinity12 HB User
Re: High PTH, Normal calcium, vitamin D low

I've been feeling worse the past few days. More headaches and now dizziness, vertigo, and nausea. Anyone else experiences the dizziness, vertigo and nausea? I've been taking vitamin D.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply