It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
(male)

aaron29 HB User
What is making me so hot?

In 2007 (at age 34, male) I started to feel hotter than normal, first in the groin and armpits, but soon throughout the whole trunk of my body. These aren't hot flashes but is the constant state of how I am. The abnormal amount of heat coming off me causes me to feel greasy and steamy and to smell pretty bad after not too long a time. When I was working, I would go to a bathroom at lunch and literally wash myself with soap and water from groin to face, only to have a steamy smelly heat rising off me within an hour or two. (Someone had suggested hyperhidrosis, though I'm sure it's not that as I don't drip sweat, I just feel steamy from all the heat coming off me.) Despite feeling so hot, my body temperature is typically about a degree below average.

I've seen an endocrinologist, who offered nothing, and had the TSH levels for my thyroid tested several times and they've all come back normal:
2/13/09 - 1.186
5/20/11 - 2.09
2/21/12 - 0.96
8/7/12 - 1.04

The more serious concern is that in 2010 I started having tissue pain in my elbows and upper/inner leg. This has (and continues to) spread in both location and severity until I was no longer able to walk and have extreme difficulty using my arms because of pain. The tissue pain is exacerbated with use and tolerable though uncomfortable with complete non-use. It is constant in that sense and not something that comes and goes. I've had to move in with my parents, and I spend all my time inside with almost no mobility.

I've read where endocrine disorders can cause tissue pain and it seems likely that the two symptoms may be related. Perhaps if I can find out what's causing me to be so hot, I can find what's causing the tissue pain. Any thoughts and ideas are greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply