It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
(male)

EhLee HB User
Constant fatigue... I've had it.

Hey everyone..! Before I start complaining let me just wish you all a happy new year!
I'm a 22 year old male.. And I'm really lacking in energy. I'm tired, unmotivated and I don't know what's wrong with me. At night it takes me a while to fall asleep.. And when I do it's usually very light. I tend to wake up multiple times at night, and I'm becoming more and more sensitive to noises in my sleep. I always try to sleep for like 12 hours, even then I'm still tired. Since I'm at uni, i usually get like 8-9 hours of sleep a day, and that's just the limit. I see my friends running on 6-7 hours of sleep like balls of energy. My heart beats a bit faster than normal.. specially when i eat etc.. Any effort I make feels like a lot.

On the 21st of august I did a blood test and my free T4 levels were slightly above normal: 1.98 ng/dl (normal range: 0.93 - 1.7 ng/dl).
Whilst my T4 level and my TSH levels seemed to be within the normal range.
T3: 1.74 ng/ml (normal range: 0.8 - 2.0 ng/ml)
us TSH: 181 micIU/Ml (normal range: 0.27 - 4.2 micIU/ml)
Other than that.. My iron level were a bit high 1.78 mg/L (normal range for males: 0.45 - 1.6 mg/l)

Oh and recently i've been getting this feeling in my hands.. like they wanna tremble but they don't.. and sometimes they do a little.. It feels like it's coming from fatigue. I'm often spaced out and have a hard time concentrating (I should probably mention that I'm now living and I'm required to speak a foreign language 24/7)

What should I do? is it my thyroid? are my symptoms normal for the excess of T4 that I have? Should I go see a doctor?

Please help.. I have exams, and an internship soon and all i want is just to have enough energy to go on with my life!

Last edited by EhLee; 01-06-2013 at 02:50 PM. Reason: had forgotten some details

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
(male)

EhLee HB User
Re: Constant fatigue... I've had it.

Oh and I forgot to mention something. My dad was friends with this guy at the medical center so he did a quick echo of my organs for free. He said that my thyroid seemed a bit enlarged.. Now I don't see that on the outside. I'm thin (178cm and 65kgs) and everything around my neck area seems normal.
I don't know if I can trust his diagnosis as it was quickly done (as a favor and such).
He told me to eat more fish and stuff..

Last edited by EhLee; 01-06-2013 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Woops, i double posted.. can someone please delete this? :S

Old 01-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
(male)

EhLee HB User

Oh and I forgot to mention something. My dad is friends with this guy at a medical center so he did a quick echo of my organs for free on the same day. He said that my thyroid seemed a bit enlarged.. Now I don't see that on the outside. I'm thin (178cm and 65kgs) and everything around my neck area seems normal.
I don't know if I can trust his diagnosis as it was quickly done (as a favor and such).
He told me to eat more fish and stuff..

The Following User Says Thank You to EhLee For This Useful Post:
gal499 (03-04-2013)
Old 01-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
(female)

Joelle2013 HB User

Hi there, I don't understand why the doctor said to eat fish and chicken....if you have a thyroid problem, your doctor should find out what type of thyroid problem you're experiencing, and once he finds out then he will put you on medication. Please feel free to ask me any questions, now I must warn you I'm a newbie on this board, so I don't quite know how I will find your response to me if you have one. Let's play it by ear....but please get your doctor to do those tests on your thyroid....chicken and fish won't make you feel better believe me geeeeeee.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #5
(male)

EhLee HB User

Hey! Thanks for the reply! I'm a newbie as well lol.
Well he said that because he wasn't really a doctor.. Anyway I went and saw a real doctor the other day, and she told me to do a bunch of blood tests. I did them and this time my free T4 levels were normal (and so were my TSH levels and my T3 levels). On one hand it's good cause it means my thyroid is ok but on the other it doesn't explain the high free T4 results I had before, nor does it explain the fatigue and the fast heart beat.
My doctor told me to start taking Magnesium and B6 vitamin (which I have for a few days now) and she also referred me to a cardiologist to see why my heart beats fast sometimes. I still haven't been to the cardiologist though.
Have you had similar problems?

Old 01-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #6
(male)

at282000 HB User

Keep in mind I am not a doc. I am new to the thyroid issue stuff, 3 weeks of treatment so far for hypothyroid. Seems that your thyroid is working too much; your numbers are all in range but at the high end. I'd guess borderline hyperthyroid but I'd definitely push the doc on the enlarged thyroid. Check out the tyroid threat, there are some folks that know a lot more than me.

Last edited by at282000; 01-22-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
energy, fatigue, sleep, thyroid, thyroxine (t4)