It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2003, 08:16 PM   #1
(female)

amb063081 HB User
Question Yasmin and Endometriosis

I was wondering if anyone is taking Yasmin that has endometriosis? I was on the depo shot for 2 1/2 years and the last 6 months I gained at least 15 pounds, which isn't much but I gained it only in my stomach, so I finally said thats enough. Not to mention acne problems, and yeast infections every month. So I was just wondering what side effects you have noticed while on the pill and if your abdominal pain from the endo got any worse or better. Any help would be great.

Old 03-17-2003, 08:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Greenoctopus18 HB User
Hi. I haven't ever taken Yasmin, but before I knew I could have Endo I was taking the pill (Microgynon30). Since I started taking it I started getting abdominal pains throughout the month and terrible pains during my period, which is the reason I went to the doctor to start with.
Since then I have been put on a lower estrogen dose pill (Loette), which has really helped a lot with all symptoms. Occasionally I still have sharp pains, etc, but a lot less than before.
I guess, since the pills have estrogen in them, it makes sense that it may actually have a reverse effect on endo and actually stimulate activity on the lesion, rather than act for treatment.
I hope this can help at least in the slightest.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2003, 09:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User
I had endo. I had a laprascopy to have it removed...along with tissue connected to my fallopian tubes, and my colon. I was put on Yasmin to regulate periods and also my gyn said it would help to keep endo from coming back. But if the Endo does come back it should be very mild to not even need surgery again. Hope this helps.
Tink

Old 03-17-2003, 09:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User
Oh, also the abdominal pain is better. Acne is still there, but the pill is supposed to help. I guess time will tell. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif
Tink

Old 03-18-2003, 06:51 AM   #5
(female)

amb063081 HB User
Thanks for the reply's I'm only on my second day of taking the pill so I guess I will just have to see what happens, my doctor said it could take a couple months to get my period again, which I am not looking forward to, along with the cramps etc. Oh well anything is better than putting on another 15 pounds!

Old 03-18-2003, 09:14 AM   #6

emilyh HB User
i had a friend who took yasmin who thought it might have caused problems with yeast

Old 03-18-2003, 11:41 AM   #7

Rayshell HB User
Hey this is Charby15...I am on a friends computer.

I have endo and i am on yasmin. I have been on probably 5 different pills before i got on Yasmin. I love it. The first month might be rough, but give it atleast 2 months for your body to get used to it. I have had acne problems also and my face has never been more clear since i have been on Yasmin and I haven't had cramps either. The only thing that bothers me is my period won't seem to regulate for some reason. I started a week early this time. But i have been on it for 4 months now and its been great. Good luck!

Old 03-19-2003, 03:53 PM   #8

dorigh HB User
i was never on yasmin but i went on estrostep for one month over the summer and suddenly had severe pain in my lower ab. went to the doctor and it seemed that the pill helped (to use the term lightly) spead up the endo. had the laposcopy and now doing the lupron shots. be careful i learned an important lesson, if it hurts then something is wrong even if it takes time to find someone you trust.

Closed Thread