It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2004, 09:25 AM   #1

atvgirl03 HB User
Endometriosis

Ive been having abdominal pain for my last 3 periods and the last period was really severe pain. The doctor did an exam and didnt find anything and I had an ultrasound and they didnt see anything. I was just wondering about endometriosis. Does anyone have this that could explain to me what it is and what symptoms you had. I think it might be endo but it might be IBS too, but I just dont think its IBS because I have been going #2 normal, everyday, except for right now because they have me on antibiotics incase its a bacterial infection. I just want the pain to go, the pain is worse during my periods but I just got over my period and the pain is still there, though not quite as bad as it was when I was on my period. I hope Im making sense, I just feel awful all the time, and I hurt, sometimes I cant walk because the pain radiates into my back and down my leg (that just started a couple of days ago and sense my periods been over it hasnt done it.) Could someone please give me some advice.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:13 AM   #2

jazzz29 HB User
Re: Endometriosis

I have had the same kind of pain that would radiate down my legs from my hip sockets and my doctors suspect endo or adenomyosis. I had terrible cramps and a backache too. The pain would start before and would continue a couple days after and then start all over again the next time. My back would start to really hurt about a week before and then two weeks before. For the pain I have used vicodin and endodan with good results, although a little high at times. I would rather be a little aluft than in pain any day!!! The only absolute way to diagnose endo is laparoscopy. My doctor choose to try a series of lupron shots instead of doing a laparoscopy. If I could go back in time and change things I would never do the lupron first. I hope you will find a cure, if not now, at least some comfort and relief.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2004, 03:48 PM   #3

atvgirl03 HB User

Did you only have pain during your period?

Old 07-28-2004, 05:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

regime HB User

Actually I was experiencing the same symptoms. I had cramping even when I wasnt on my period. I had cramping on my right side and I went to see the doc and she did an ultrasound, and it showed that i have endometrimoas (cysts) on my ovaries. So now i'm scheduled for surgery sometime soon. My doc said I had endometriosis but I thought you dont really know until the laprascopy. But based on my symptoms i guess she just assumed, who knows!

Old 07-28-2004, 08:09 PM   #5

jazzz29 HB User

I had pain a few days to a week or more before, severe during (so bad that I couldn't stand up straight) and then some right after for a couple of days, but not very intense and not always. Your pain sounds like how mine started and then now it has snow-balled for me.

I have read several places and both of my doctors have said the only way to know for certain if it is endo is a laparoscopy. Adenomyosis will sometimes (very rarely) show up on an ultrasound or MRI if the technician or doctor is skilled in seeing it. I have been reading books by Dr. Christiane Northrup and other holistic doctors and have found some wonderful information. I am very tired of feeling ill from all of the medications and have been using some natural alternatives. One that has been helping me is progest and femgest natural progesterone cream. Feel free to ask any questions.

Old 07-29-2004, 05:11 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

regime HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzz29
I had pain a few days to a week or more before, severe during (so bad that I couldn't stand up straight) and then some right after for a couple of days, but not very intense and not always. Your pain sounds like how mine started and then now it has snow-balled for me.

I have read several places and both of my doctors have said the only way to know for certain if it is endo is a laparoscopy. Adenomyosis will sometimes (very rarely) show up on an ultrasound or MRI if the technician or doctor is skilled in seeing it. I have been reading books by Dr. Christiane Northrup and other holistic doctors and have found some wonderful information. I am very tired of feeling ill from all of the medications and have been using some natural alternatives. One that has been helping me is progest and femgest natural progesterone cream. Feel free to ask any questions.
so do you have endo??? i really do not want to go on birth control after my surgery b/c of all the side effects, I wonder if I can go the natural route, sonds interesting.

Old 07-29-2004, 08:27 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

jules1 HB User

Sounds like it could be endo! Noone should be in that much pain from their periods. Also, IBS pain (at least for me) is different than my endo pain.

I had a lap. done, and then was treated for 6 mo. with Lupron for severe endometriosis. I still have pain, but not as bad, and a lot less often. Now I'm on Seasonale, the birth control where you have a period every 3 months.

If you don't want to have the lap., you can ask your Dr. to prescribe you Seasonale and see if that cuts down some of the pain. If the pain continues, I would seriously consider getting a lap. done. They were able to remove most of my endo during the surgery!

Old 07-29-2004, 08:38 AM   #8

atvgirl03 HB User

what does IBS pain feel like to you? I go for a cat scan this afternoon, my ultrasound showed that I have 2 cysts on my left ovary but they told me that they are nothing to worry about. Plus the pain is mostly on my right side.

Old 07-29-2004, 08:41 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

regime HB User

my only option is the laprascopy b/c of my large cysts on my ovary. then they are putting me on birth control to prevent these endometrimoas from forming again. and i'm not looking forward to being put on BC pills b/c i just have had awful experiences with them. i just feel much better without taking any medication.

Old 07-29-2004, 10:26 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

jules1 HB User

IBS pain feels more like a burning for me, while my endo pain is more like a cramping. Also, with IBS pain, advil or aleve won't help it at all, whereas Advil, etc, eases *some* of my endo pain.

I went to the Dr and talked to them about IBS. They gave me medicine to take, and it helps. Maybe if you suggested IBS and asked for a trial period of some medicine (I think I'm on Levsin - sp?), you could see if that helped your pain and if so, it was probably from IBS

If you have cysts, however, that can cause alot of pain, even if they aren't that big!

Old 08-03-2004, 06:45 AM   #11

jazzz29 HB User

Sorry I didn't reply sooner (I was out of town). They don't know for sure it I have endo, but, the lupron has helped as far as pain in my abdomin, so they are as positive as they can be without doing a lap. Birth control never helped with the pain for me. USP Progesterone cream, such as Emerita Progest or Femgest, has helped me tremedously. PMS symptoms to just feeling off have almost disapeared. There is also an Estrogen cream by Emerita Progest that is available as well. You would rub both products on your skin this way it gives your body a chance to use the estrogen and progesterone before your liver has a chance to synthesize it. Many women have only used the natural alternatives with similar results of BC, but without all of the side effects. You can also ask for natural estrogen and progesterone prescriptions from your doctor, however, the prescriptions would have to be filled at a formulary pharmacy and your doctor/pharmasist should know where to get it.

Old 08-03-2004, 09:40 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules1
IBS pain feels more like a burning for me, while my endo pain is more like a cramping. Also, with IBS pain, advil or aleve won't help it at all, whereas Advil, etc, eases *some* of my endo pain.

I went to the Dr and talked to them about IBS. They gave me medicine to take, and it helps. Maybe if you suggested IBS and asked for a trial period of some medicine (I think I'm on Levsin - sp?), you could see if that helped your pain and if so, it was probably from IBS

If you have cysts, however, that can cause alot of pain, even if they aren't that big!
Can Cysts and Endo still cause you alot of pain even if your on birthcontrol.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:53 PM   #13

Newsboys90 HB User

I'm 17 now, and I was diagnosed with Endometriosis when I was 13. There are certain natural supplements you can take that is supposed to help with Endometriosis. I personally hate birth control, but my parents won't let me off of it.

Hope this helps some...

Old 08-04-2004, 04:15 PM   #14

atvgirl03 HB User

Do You Have Pain Other Than When You Have Your Period With Endo? My Doctor Says That It Can Not Be Endo Because I Have Pain All The Time. I Am Starting To Think Its Not Endo To. I Believe Its Something To Do With My Colon...Maybe IBS But I Dont Know. Thanks For All Of Your Input!

Old 08-04-2004, 04:21 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

regime HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboys90
I'm 17 now, and I was diagnosed with Endometriosis when I was 13. There are certain natural supplements you can take that is supposed to help with Endometriosis. I personally hate birth control, but my parents won't let me off of it.

Hope this helps some...
Yes I have been reading a lot about natural herbs and alternative medicine. I am going to be seeing a Nautropath soon regarding these herbs. I refuse to go on birth control again. Was on it a long time ago and have had so many side effects. I just want something more natural, I hope its effective.

Closed Thread