It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2004, 02:59 PM   #1
Inactive

pauline38 HB User
Endometriosis And Leg Pain

I was wondering if someone could answer this for me: I have had progressively worsening periods for the last year, the last two completely unbearable due to severe cramping at the start of my period. During my last period, I had pain in my left leg pretty much running down the whole leg. It was not sharp pain but what I would describe as very achy, or a gnawing pain like it might be my bones rather than muscle. Can anyone describe what your leg pain feels like with Endometriosis? My gyno wants to put me on birth control pills in case Endometriosis is the cause of my pain but I am hesitant because of my frequent migraines. I have no other symptoms and have no idea what else could be causing this strange leg pain. Thanks!

Old 11-06-2004, 11:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Greenoctopus18 HB User
Re: Endometriosis And Leg Pain

Hello.
I would describe the leg pain as being very similar to the "growing pains" you have when you are younger.
For me, it starts at the hip and aches right down the thigh and some times there is pain inside the knee.
It is just a horrible pain. Luckily it doesn't happen that often and only ever on one side.

Does your doctor suspect Endometriosis based only on that symptom?

Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2004, 08:11 AM   #3
Inactive

edwardthefirst HB User
Re: Endometriosis And Leg Pain

u know i have been having a dull ache in my lower front left calf for months - like a relaly dull on and off pain for about 20 seconds on, 20 off, here and there. I had a leg ultrasound and everyhting was fine. im PCOS, low iron, maybe its either of those, never thought about endo !

Old 11-07-2004, 11:32 AM   #4

kermitjmb HB User
Post Re: Endometriosis And Leg Pain

Pauline-
I have leg pain with my endo. It feels like stabbing, shooting pain that runs from my upper thigh down to mid-thigh. Sometimes I double over and cannot walk because of it. Have you told your doctor's about this? Have you ever thought of keeping a pain journal?

Old 11-07-2004, 06:06 PM   #5
Inactive

pauline38 HB User
Unhappy Re: Endometriosis And Leg Pain

I didn't mention the leg pain to my doctor because I went to see her before it started for the first time. It's interesting to hear it described as "growing pains" because that's exactly what I was thinking it felt like or an extreme achiness down to the bone. For me it goes down all the way down my left leg and into the top part of my foot. I guess I should have it checked out with my internist too in case it is due to something other than Endometriosis. My gyno said it was possible I had Endometriosis based on my progressively worsening menstrual cramps. The leg pain started with my last period and was horrible for a day. I still have the pain sporadically but not as intense now that I am not on my period. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens with my next period. My gyno suggested 1500 mg's of calcium and 750 Magnesium to help with the cramping and also to take 800 mg's Motrin every six hours starting a day or two "before" my period starts to prohibit prostoglandin development. We'll see if it helps. It's tough being a woman!

Last edited by pauline38; 11-07-2004 at 06:07 PM.

Closed Thread