It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2005, 03:47 PM   #1
(female)

AnnieinPA HB User
Endometriosis? Please help!

Hi everyone
I was looking for some advice. I normally post on the Trying to Conceive board, but thought maybe I'd get a little more input here.
I'm 25 and have been off of the pill since October. I am healthy, a normal weight and eat a sensible diet. I had been on the pill for only about six months before I stopped taking it last October.
Anyway, since coming off the pill, my cycles have been pretty long...averaging between 35 and 39 days, which is very odd for me. Before the pill, I was very regular, and got my period about every 30 days.
Since I was in high school though, I noticed that my periods were very uncomfortable. I am a HUGE baby though, and I hate pain, and I'm not sure if it's normal pain or not. I would (and since I came off the pill, it's back) cramp up really bad the day before I got my period, and have a dull, persistent ache in my lower abdomen for my first two days and then it would completely go away.
We've been trying to conceive since October and I'm obviously not pregnant yet. I was charting my temperatures and am positive that I have been ovulating since November and we have been timing intercourse pretty much perfectly.
Does it sound to you guys like I could have endometriosis? I just can't understand why I haven't gotten pregnant yet being that I'm so young and that I'm regularly ovulating. Should I consider looking into getting checked for it? Or is it normal to be very uncomfortable the first few days of your period and to be trying for this long? Any input, advice, suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2005, 12:55 AM   #2
(female)

fifistoosh HB User
Re: Endometriosis? Please help!

Check out the 'once you have come off the birth control' thread.
You may find this helpful.

Old 05-05-2005, 03:18 PM   #3
(female)

demie25 HB User

Hi

I Am A 27 Year Old That Just Had Hysterectomy Due To Endometriosis.

Endometriosis Is Complicated.
It Can Cause Everything You Are Discribing Or It May Not Even Show Any Symptoms.
Consult Your Doctor Just In Case. And Endometriosis Can Cause Infertility And Some Times, A Laparoscopy Lazer Surgery Can Help You.

Good Luck

Old 05-06-2005, 08:04 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Location: Minnesota, just moved from California where I lived my whole life.
polarized13 HB User

Hi There,

I was diagnosed with endo in 2002. The only way they can know for sure if you have it is to do a laparoscopy. So, you would have to go to your ob/gyn and ask if he thinks you should have one done. Your symptoms don't seem to be that bad yet. I was having extremely heavy and long periods with unbelievable pain, and with diarreah and nausea at the same time.

You're so young still that you have plenty of time to figure out the fertility thing. Usually it's hard to get your insurance to help you pay for those services, depending on where you live. I couldn't get my ins to pay for them when I lived on the west coast, but now that I moved, my insurance does, so I'm seeing a R.E. Also, I'm 35, so my clock is ticking, and I need to have a baby soon,or forget the whole thing.

So, there's so many factors to consider when you talk about endo, and infertility, it is complicated, and different for everyone depending on their specific situation. I have been told to have a hysterectomy due to my endo, but I just didn't listen.

I actually found a herbal remedy for endo online, and it's helping me a lot. Also, and this sounds strange, but physical therapy can help also. Because endo is adhesions that grow in your pelvic cavity, and they're kind of like little bridges of tissue that stick to your uterus, and fallopian tubes and ovaries, and keep things from functioning properly. But they're just soft tissue, that can be stretched and manipulated, and massaged so that they aren't pressing on nerves causing pain.

Going to a P.T. has taught me more than I have learned talking to dozens of doctors. It's amazing. I was in so much pain a few weeks ago, I was considering taking major pain killers to fuction, now I don't need them anymore.

Try doing stretching exercises like laying on your back with your legs flat and your arms over your head, hold it for a couple of minutes. That can release a lot of adhesions that may be causing you problems. And kind of use your hands to massage your abdomen gently, pressing upward. Practice pulling your abdominal muscles in, and holding for about 10 seconds.

Also, you can try taking Fallodox, the herbal supplement I mentioned, it runs about 30 dollars a bottle for a 30 day supply.

Your doctor can give you different drugs to help you with endo, but they will all keep you from becomming pregnant, and the side effects are miserable.

Let me know if you have more questions, unfortunately I know way too much about this stuff!!

Good luck

~~heather~~

ps. I wake up every morning and take my temperature, too. Next step is fertility drugs. can't wait!!

Last edited by polarized13; 05-06-2005 at 08:07 AM. Reason: added a p.s.

Closed Thread