It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2005, 10:24 PM   #1
(female)

ricardoswife HB User
Depo Lupron And Endometriosis 17 years old

I have a sister in law who they think has endometriosis. She has seen alot of doctors her OB/Gyn want to put her on Depo Lupron but they have not done laproscopy to see if this is even the problem. Should they see if she even has this. What is going through monopouse at such a young age going to do to her????

Thank you

Old 05-12-2005, 01:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User
Re: Depo Lupron And Endometriosis 17 years old

Hi
I would question going on this drug without a firm diagnosis - whatever it is once she knows then she can investigate all the treatment options available. Ive been on Zoladex which is a similar drug and I wouldn't recommend it unless you really knew and other options weren't available. I wouldn't have it again although it did give almost a year painfree which was really good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2005, 06:54 AM   #3
(female)

ricardoswife HB User

Thank You

I think that I have talked them into doing the liproscopy. I will let you all know more when it is done. I would still like to know if there is anyone else out there so young and facing this type of decision. We cant find anyone her age in our community for support. Also if you know of ather treatment options for her. She is still a teenager and would like to have a child someday. They said that she could get pregnant now and then have her tubes tied but that is not a option at her age.

Thank you again

Old 05-13-2005, 05:00 PM   #4
(female)

chocolate35 HB User

It doesnt sound like you have a very good or open doctor. I would recommend definately doing the laporscopy. I am 19 and I believe I too have endometriosis. The pain is debilitating it is so intense. They plan on doing a laporscopy realatively soon. Endometriosis...if that is what your daughter has can also be temporarily fixed with the laporscopy. They can remove the endometrial lining from her internal organs. This would make the pain subside for a while until the endometrial tissue builds up again. This can really be helpful. Some people believe that a change in diet can help and some believe birth control stops it...depending on how bad the endometriosis is. But there are definately more options than hysterectomy. If your doctor doesnt think so you should get a second opinion. Also, endometriosis can sometimes be confused with ovarian cysts...which arent as bad and easily treated with birth control. Hope everything goes well!

Old 05-13-2005, 07:54 PM   #5
(female)

ricardoswife HB User

I have gone threw various tests and one of them has been a ultra sound. They have not found anything worth looking at. I am only seventeen and have already had a colonoscopy. I am opting for the laporscopy only for the fact that it would be easier for me. Birth control is not an option because, I have a tumor on my liver that will grow with estrogen. Thank you for your concern.

Old 05-13-2005, 08:13 PM   #6
(female)

chocolate35 HB User

Endometriosis cannot be seen with an ultrasound. I have had two vaginal ultrasounds and neither one has shown the reason for my pain. So I really think the laporscopy you are going for is the best. Sorry to hear about your situation...I know how painful this can be...

Old 05-17-2005, 08:12 AM   #7
(female)

ricardoswife HB User

They are going to have the laporscopy. I do not know when yet but soon. I hope this works. It can get rid of the endometriosis right. I know not for ever but for a little while maybe long enough for her to get through school. Chocolate what do you do for the pain? She hurts alot.
Thank you again you are a huge help.

Old 05-18-2005, 08:46 AM   #8
(female)

chocolate35 HB User

Yes, the laproscopy...done with the right doctor...can be a HUGE help. They will be able to remove the endometrial lesions drastically reducing your pain...for awhile that is. I myself am waiting to have a laproscopy. I have been dealing with the pain since September and the doctors want me to go through three months of birth control to see if it would stop the pain. After a month on it the pain has increased...but I must stick it out a couple more months. For pain...boy...it seems like nothing works doesnt it? I personally curl up in a ball with a hear pad...I also take about three ibuprofen every three hours. The best treatment for pain I have had was using Celebrex...it is not just for arthritis! It takes like four hours to kick in so I have to wake up really early to take it like four hours before classes start. But that at least takes the pain away for a few hours at a time so I can at least concentrate. I have missed a lot of class because of it....the pain is sooo intense!!! See if your doctor would prescribe Celebrex...if not use ibuprofen but make sure you eat something whenever you take it as to not get nautious....good luck!

Old 05-18-2005, 10:16 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User

HI
Sorry to be a pessimist but just want to prepare you - I had a laparoscopy to remove the endo and I had just a couple of weeks of real enjoyment before the endo grew back and the pain was as bad as ever. Although the lap can work it doesn't always. Try and think that if it diagnoses the endo then its been successful as you now have a diagnosis, and if you get some pain relief for a while then thats a real bonus.
By the way ,my dr is a top consultant with many years experience and spent a long time removing all the endo in me.

For pain relief I think hot pads and painkillers. Some gentle stretching can help the muscles to relax a bit. Ive also been seeing a chiropractor and I have had some success with that to reduce the severity of the pain.

Best wishes and good luck
Tesss

Old 05-19-2005, 12:49 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

my doc also wanted me to get on lupron without doing a laporoscopy first, I am 26 and don't want menopause and also don't want to take a drug for something they are not sure I have. I changed docs! I am getting a laporoscopy done in the next week. I have had a ultrasound and they did see lots of fibroids,could be the cause of my pain, don't know just want to be rid of it.
Carly

Closed Thread