It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User
Question Can Endometriosis Just Disappear?????

Hi All,

At my last lap a few years ago (my third) my doc said that the endo was severe and "everywhere." He stated that he removed what he could, but did not remove it from my colon, bladder, ureter, or tubes due to risk of damage. I have had three laps, usually a year apart, and the docs always come out and tell me how severe the endo was, and how much of it there was.

Well I just had laparotomy for an upper ab problem due to surgical complications from the endo surgeries. It's been two years since any surgery for endo, and I asked that the OB come in while I was open and take care of the endo then, so I would not have to endure a seperate surgery. This is the same OB that did the one I mentioned above.

I still have alot of pelvic pain that has steadily worsened as time goes by, and when meeting with the OB beforehand, he stated that there was "no telling how bad it would be now, as it has been two years."

Imagine my surprise when I wake up and the OB states that I have NO ENDO??!! What??? He stated that the area was "PRISTINE." How in the world??? What about the endo that was left a few years ago, that was too dangerous to remove? I actually asked the other surgeon if he looked! (He said that he did).

I have no idea how to feel about this. It makes no sense, and if this is the case, why the pelvic pain....the endo pain I know so well?? My only treatment has been continuous BCP's to skip as many periods as I could, that's it.

Can endo just DISAPPEAR???

Please Help!

Thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2007, 07:10 AM   #2
(female)

michelle_rt HB User
Re: Can Endometriosis Just Disappear?????

ask him to show you the pictures he took from the first surgery, where it was all over, as compared to the second surgery, where it was now gone. they usually take pics when they are in there. Had you had any treatment like Lupron, etc, between these surgeries?

Old 07-12-2007, 10:48 AM   #3
(female)

declansmom HB User

I hope it can!! I was told it disapears with menopause or pregnancy. I have too have endo and I hope it can dissapear. I would ask to see the pictures too and ask more questions....

Old 07-12-2007, 02:50 PM   #4
(female)

BOSTICK12 HB User

Yes, please let us know if you look at the pictures. You would give hope to so many women, including me! I have tried to have children for five years now and I just recenlty started taking bc to treat it. But my Dr. didn't tell me not to have a monthly period. She just put me on Kariva. What BC where you on?

Closed Thread