It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

JWMC HB User
For women with mild endometriosis

Hi,

I posted on here months ago about my overall sperm which while not quite average, wasn't as bad off as some men's are (I had a high count, low morphology, average or above average in other areas). Anyhow, I kept going back every three months and it didn't change much. During that time I started taking higher doses of vitamins and in April bought some male Fertility Blend. I even saw a urologist and had a cystoscopy done and then had a good long hard cry on the couch after he stole my urethal virginity.

They thought my wife had a cyst on one of her ovaries, however, so in June she underwent laparascopic exploratory surgery and they found it wasn't a cyst, it was some artifact from the x-ray or something, but she did have mild endometriosis which he ablated out.

This week she was late with her period so we went to Walgreens and bought two home pregnancy tests and voila. Preggers. Neither of us believed it after the first month, we really just thought her cycle had been screwed up from the surgery. She's going to the doctor Friday to confirm it but the odds of two tests being wrong are probably up there.

I had read that there are several studies showing that even mild endometriosis can cause infertility (or at least severely hinder fertility). And I can't say for sure that's what was causing ours, like I said, I had some sperm problems. But given that she's pregnant a month later...I'd have to say that's more than a coincidence. Maybe the Fertility Blend helped my boys out too, I guess I won't know unless we shoot for a 2nd baby. I was going to go in next month again but I doubt the insurance will pay for me to make love to a Dixie Cup with a pregnant wife. :P

So if any women out there have unexplained infertility and you think or know you have even mild endometriosis...ask your doctor about the pros and cons of getting it ablated out. It's not pleasant, she was in pain the first few days and uncomfortable for a few weeks after, but I know she feels it was worth the price. She's wanted this more than anything else and seeing the smile on her face when she saw the results made it all worth while. Even the tube up the johnson ERRRR cystoscopy.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go throw up because I'm scared out of my mind. LOL. But it's a good kind of scared. Not the bad kind like, you know, watching a Police Academy movie.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2007, 05:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
Re: For women with mild endometriosis

Thanks for sharing your story in the hopes of helping out another couple. That is very kind of you!!

Congrats to you and your wife on the pregnancy!!!

I wish you the best.

Holly

Old 08-02-2007, 07:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User
Re: For women with mild endometriosis

Merci so so much for sharing your story. I am so happy for your BFP!!! That's wonderful!! And don't worry abotu explaining that you're scared, mon cher, that's very normal Encore thank you so mcuh for sharing your story, it helps!!!

****healthy nine months and safe delivery****

Closed Thread