It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 08:53 AM   #1
(female)

anna321 HB User
endometriosis

Is it normal that my doctor schedule laparoscopy to check for endometriosis without trying hormone therapy first?

Old 10-04-2007, 09:09 AM   #2
(female)

aphrodite62782 HB User
Re: endometriosis

Yes it is. There is no sense in starting hormone therapy for that unless you do have Endometreosis. My doc did the same thing for me. I had a severe case of endo but he wouldn't put me on any treatment until he did the lap and then when he did the lap he burned out the tissue and that helped. It is a very good procedure to have a very good thing to do before starting any treatment in this case.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2007, 09:24 AM   #3
(female)

anna321 HB User

Thank you for answering. I have surgery schedule for next week and I 'm just a little scared.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:24 AM   #4
(female)

amanda1126 HB User

I am at the begining stages of finding out my "lady" problems (still not 100% sure what it may be). But after reserachings, it seems that a laparoscopy is common prcoedure for several problems. Can you tell me exactly what a laparoscopy procedures entails? Are you awake for this proceedure? How much discomfort is involved afterwards? Thanks for your help.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #5
(female)

anna321 HB User

I haven't met with my surgeon so all info I've got came from my gynecologist and the web. It's done under general anesthesia and you go home the same day so it can't be that bad ( I hope so).The surgeon makes a small incision and inserts a small viewing camera ( I'm sure it has some proper name).For more detailed info try to ****** laparoscopy.There's lots of helpfull sites.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #6
(female)

aphrodite62782 HB User

Hey no problem. I was scared when i found out I had to have surgery as well. What my surgeon did was cut an incision in my belly button and then one right above my pelvic bone. The second time I went in to remove more tissue though, he cut again in the belly button and then to small incisions on either side of my abdomen. My best advice is that you rest a lot before surgery and then make sure to have someone on hand to wait on you hand and foot. Because even though they tell you same day surgery and you should recover within a few days it really takes a few weeks to feel back to yourself again.I also took a nice comfy nightgown to wear home from the hospital. Don't be afraid to tell them you are in pain after surgery because if you don't they will just give you the normal meds and that may not help with the initial pain. Also one thing to be prepared for is the following: They are messing with your women parts. If you are protective over your body like me then you may feel a bit odd about yourself for a little while. This will pass. Also If you have never had surgery know that the anistesea will put you out like a light and you won't remember a thing about the surgery when you wake up. That was weird for me. I am not trying to scare you just want you to be prepared.

Oh and take a nice long bubble bath the night before because you won't be able to do that until the stitches heal. Good luck and best wishes my dear.

Sunnie

Last edited by aphrodite62782; 10-04-2007 at 01:43 PM.

Closed Thread