It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2007, 08:06 AM   #1
(female)

Busy1234 HB User
Question Bacterial Infection...Endometriosis....Infertile?

I need to know what is going on here and I cant get into the doctor until next month.

A nurse practicioner said that I have a bacterial infection in my stomach. I have pain and bloating in my stomach and I always feel like I am going to throw up. And my period comes every two weeks and is almost not coming at all now! I have had just a little bit and now I am stopping completly after only 2 days.

My nurse prac. gave me a urine pregnancy test last week and it was neg. Now she is sending me to yet another GYN to see what exactly is going on and she also gave me meds that they give to people with endometriosis. Could I have that? I am nervous about what to expect at the doctors.
She also advised me to talk to him about my fertility!!!! Because she knows I dont want to be 35 before I finally get a baby....

Has anyone had this happen to them? Please help me understand!

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2007, 07:20 AM   #2
(female)

wyldflwr623 HB User
Re: Bacterial Infection...Endometriosis....Infertile?

It seems confusing based on what you have written here. You mentioned a bacterial infection in your stomach, which is unrelated to the your reproductive organs. Is it possible that you are suffering from a bacterial infection that has invaded your uterus or vaginal canal?

Endometriosis is usually categorized by the presence of several types of symptoms, the most wekk known is heavy, long and painful periods. However, chronic intestinal pain or abdominal pain could be an indicator. Pain during or after intercourse can also signal endometriosis. You can find out if that is the cause of your pain through an MRI or an u/s.

Keep in mind that abdominal pain and problems with your period can also be attributed to fibroids and cysts. If you are in severe pain, don't wait for the appt. with the doctor, get to the emergency room. You shouldn't have to go through each day suffering as badly as you are - make your well-being a priority. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2007, 07:58 AM   #3
(female)

Busy1234 HB User
Post Thanks!

Thanks for all your information!

I am having a short light/spotting period every two weeks. Not really one of the signs for endo.

I am having pains in my stomach and the feeling like someone has their hand moving around in there! It is extremly weird!

Also, I have gained 7 pounds and get extremly bloated when I eat very little.

My doc. appt is for December 7th..... I am soooo nervous!

I dont know what to expect.....

Closed Thread