It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
(female)

jojomason HB User
Endometriosis

Hi, I've been diagnosed with Endometriosis and in an attempt to try and get on top of this as best possile, I've been looking at homeopathic remedies and have come accross Endo-Ex. Has anyone tried these ? Are they worth investing in ?

I am 31 and would like to start trying for a baby at the end of the year so trying to get my body in the best possible shape I can.

I'm also looking at changng my diet as I've been reading on the net that certain foods should be avoided. Anyone have any recommendations ?

I realise every case is different, however, I've got nothing to lose by trying !!

Thanks !!!!

Jo

Old 01-16-2008, 08:04 AM   #2
(female)

samantha77 HB User
Re: Endometriosis

Hi Jo,

I am in the same boat as you and looking for anything I can get. I've been trying for 3 years now and only now got diagnosed with endometrioma. Until now it was male factor they said. Then last month my DH tested normal and they said I had to be the problem. So a laproscopy later here I am. Please do pass on any info you find and I will do the same. I would much rather try herbal therapy than take estrogen suppressants.

Sam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #3
(female)

Mercury0880 HB User

Hi Jo,

I haven't been diagnosed with Endometriosis yet (but suspect I may have it, waiting on insurance to kick in). I have done extensive internet research. Though it may not all be correct, I have read that all of the "B" vitamins when taken together can help. Also, I have been taking Goldenseal, and have also heard that Evening Primrose Oil can help.

Also, if it's an early stage of Endo, exercise helps. And of course, common sense, just trying to eat a more healthy diet, staying away from caffeine, sugar, and moderating salt. I have recently switched from coffee to tea. It's hard the first week or 2, but now I find myself looking forward to a nice, relaxing cup of tea

Can you share with me some of the symptoms you experience? I have only recently been having all of this pain (also been to 2 different doctors). It is getting very old, very fast. 2 months has seemed like an eternity. I am trying to think with a more positive attitude...

Anyways, good luck

Old 01-17-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
(female)

tlm8272 HB User

Just a little about me....I got diagnosed with endo about 4-5 months ago. After a pelvic exam and a ultrasound she suggested I have the laporoscopy surgery because of my age which is 35. I still want kids so we are trying anything. The surgery wasn't too bad, they put you out. I had laser surgery done while there in there to get rid of the endo and two cysts removed, one on my ovary and the other on my fallopian tube. I'm having bladder trouble since the surgery, almost like bladder infection feeling but constant pressure/pain on my bladder. I don't understand it!

Old 01-30-2008, 07:08 PM   #5
(female)

amystraydog HB User

I was diagnosed with endo about 4 years ago, had the surgery to remove it, and then had 6 months of lupron therapy. My doctor told me that in most cases, which are mild (small area of growth and no damage to other tissues, but still very painful), surgery would probably have to be done again after an average of 5 years or so. however, taking birth control does help to significantly slow the growth. also, getting pregnant helps to rid or slow the growth of mild cases, since taking birth control and being pregnant does the same to your estrogen levels.

so those were the options given to me - surgery/lupron, taking birth control, or getting pregnant. i haven't heard or read of any natural remedies, but it would be interesting to find out. however, people have to be really careful when using natural remedies that modify or regulate hormone levels, since there has not been enough research done and natural remedies can sometimes cause problems, such as to your liver and kidneys. but you can never go wrong with a healthy lifestyle!

Closed Thread