It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 12:51 AM   #1
(female)

euphoricdreamer HB User
Exclamation Endometriosis and Clots

I am 21 years old and was diagnosed with endometriosis almost 6 years ago. Four years ago, during my menses, I had a large blood clot; about 2" by 4". I called the emergency room and they told me not to worry about it, that all women clot.
But then about 8 months ago, I had another large clot. I called emergency and they, again, told me not to worry about it. Today, I had another large clot, about 2.5" in diameter with white tissue in the middle, and a hard spot about 1/2 centimeter wide and 1 centimeter long. I went to the doctor (Urgent Care) and showed them this. Their reaction made me feel like it was kind of a big deal. They ran blood tests; my hematocrit was fine (on the high end, actually) my white blood cells normal and the pregnancy test came back negative. They have now told me to see my gyno, but I am just wondering if this is something I have to look forward to all of the time now, since I have had quite a bit of clotting over the last year and the two especially large clots?
Is this worth seeing my gyno over?

Everything I have read states that "Oh that happened to me this one time, it's normal"
Well it is not.

Please, any info would be helpful.

Last edited by euphoricdreamer; 06-10-2008 at 12:51 AM.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:08 AM   #2
(female)

Kirsty75 HB User
Re: Endometriosis and Clots

In reality no one here can tell you and confirm what's wrong. There is a few treatments for endo that may help it for a while but far as I know there is no permanent treatment. Mine went away after the birth of my child but it's building up again 4 years later.
The fact that they have told you to go see your Gyno should be enough prompting for you if your worried to get it checked. Sometimes endo causes the lining to attach to other parts of the body like the bowel so it is worth checking out very much so. It is also worth checking out considering your age as left untreated can cause problems down the track if it's bad enough fertility wise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2008, 08:27 PM   #3
(female)

chels1988 HB User

hey i was just wondering what you have found out because i just passed a clot that had white in it like you had discribed. i have passed one like it like 2 years ago and didnt know what to do i just thought it was normal. i havent seen a doctor about ti yet but i am worried i am a person that passes clots normally but this was different. and different isnt normal and may be bad. so could you please let me know how that turned out for you
thanks chelsie

Old 07-26-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jsquared HB User

I have endo and pass blood clots during my period. I am currently not having periods because I just had a baby and I am breastfeeding. Do you have really bad cramps when you pass the clots? Have you had a laporoscopy yet...probablly since you were diagnosed with endo since that is the only true way to dx it. I would see your gyn...just to ease your mind. The pill really helped me when I had my periods. It helped with cramps and blood clots.

I have endo really bad and could not get pregnant without the help of IVF. It is important to stay on top of your endo. Your gyn should know what to do to help you. It really does suck! I can sympathize. I would get cramps so bad I would vomit, sweat, faint etc. It is no fun! Hang in there!

Last edited by Jsquared; 07-26-2008 at 09:07 AM.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
(female)

tdt3543 HB User

2.5" diameters clots are not normal! Menstral bleeding is so subjective, but if you are passing this size clots you are bleeding heavier than a "normal" person. It may be normal for you and other idividuals, but it is not normal for most women. This is not to say that you should be worried, many women have heavier periods and are perfectly healthy until the day they reach menopause. But it is worth a trip to the gyn to rule out any serious conditions that could cause heavy bleeding. If $$ is an issue, a nurse practioner at a womens clinic may be a more affordable first approach.

There also a number of common reasons for heavy bleeding--fibroids. Birth controls pills or the Mirena IUD can be very beneficial in decreasing the volume and the legnth of your periods. ALSO, keep a monthly diary of your bleeding in the future this can help you keep track of subtle changes in your cycle that you may not notice.

Take a multivitamin with iron. Also ask your gyn or urgent care doctor to check your iron when you get you blood counts--at least once in a while. If you start falling into the lower range of normal, you want to supplement you diet with iron to prevent iron deficiency anemia.

Last edited by tdt3543; 08-26-2008 at 08:49 PM.

Closed Thread