It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User
Do you have endometriosis?

If so, at what age were you officially diagnosed? I have really painful cramps during my period and during ovulation. And I feel constant dull scraping/ stabbing pain in my ovaries. Trust me, I know they are more ovaries. It's mostly my right ovary, but my left one hurts at times too. Even my rectum hurts around ovulation and period and it sometimes paralyzes me! I literally can't take an extra step.

I've mentioned this during my annuals but the OBGYN always seems to brush it off as dysmennorhea. I really don't know what else to do. I mean, I mention it but nothing is ever done. I'm 25 and if been suggesting the possibility of endometriosis pretty much since after having sex at 19. I've seen about 5 different OBGYNs over the years. And NONE have addressed this.

What age were you when you got diagnosed? Did it take a while for a doc to diagnose you? What procedures were involved? Were you treated? Are you still in pain?

Old 10-20-2010, 07:30 AM   #2
(female)

LkK2507 HB User
Re: Do you have endometriosis?

I was just diagnosed with Endo after 2 years of trying to figure out my symtoms which were similar to yours but actually yours sound worse and MORE like the classic symtoms of Endo actually. Mine were a little different and milder. The thing is though my Gyno was telling me that I could infact have endo they just wanted to try and rule out other stuff 1st because the only way to diagnose endo is with laporoscopy surgery. 2 small incisions and they look to see if you hvae endo with a scope and if you do sometimes they remove the endo lesions at the same time which should relieve pain (but it can come back over time as endo is not curable)
So.. I finally had my first Lap almost 3 weeks ago and they did find endo on both my ovaries and other common areas.

You need to find a Gyno who has done plenty of Lap surgeries for Endo. Maybe you are visisitn Gynos who are not confident in this area and are pushing it off. It seems strange to me that you would report such classic symtoms and they would pass it off. No doubht most women suffer from pelvic issues but it shouldnt get passed off. I was even honest that my symtoms were mild but they still took action. Endometirosis is common also just so you know

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2010, 08:12 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User

Thanks LKK for the response!! I've met a coworker who recommended a OBGYN. She's had a lot of complications (the joy of being a woman, I tell ya) and she says he's been very helpful. So I will be making an appointment with him. Obviously, I'm hoping its not endo (I hear it's hard to get pregnant if you have it), but I just want an answer as to why my ovary hurts! It just can't be normal. Another coworker told me she had to get half of an ovary removed because the scar tissue was so bad. She didn't even need the Lap. The scar tissue was evident during an annual pap!

I'm still feeling the weird scraping sensation in my right ovary. Granted, I was ovulating on Monday, but this feeling has been there even when I'm not ovulating. I guess at this point I'm kind of nervous about the diagnosis and upset that no doctor has really addressed my concern. I always ALWAYS mention it. And even right after a pelvic examination I got the pain on my right side that lasted a couple days. I told the doctor that that same pain is the pain that I get out of no where. She said that it was probably regular cramping due to the cold air in the room during the examination. WHAT!? But like you said, maybe they're not confident in the area. :-/

Thanks again!

Old 10-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly fry View Post
If so, at what age were you officially diagnosed?

at 27
I have really painful cramps during my period and during ovulation. And I feel constant dull scraping/ stabbing pain in my ovaries. Trust me, I know they are more ovaries. It's mostly my right ovary, but my left one hurts at times too. Even my rectum hurts around ovulation and period and it sometimes paralyzes me! I literally can't take an extra step.

I've mentioned this during my annuals but the OBGYN always seems to brush it off as dysmennorhea. I really don't know what else to do. I mean, I mention it but nothing is ever done. I'm 25 and if been suggesting the possibility of endometriosis pretty much since after having sex at 19. I've seen about 5 different OBGYNs over the years.

My first obgyn didn't find it either. I would check the ratings on yours and see If I could find a woman gyn who has a 5 star rating at one of the top hospitals in the nation if you can. Otherwise if a person can't get a laparoscopy they could use healthy measures to improve health. If some people had to do it all over again they would not bother with the lap since they felt worse afterward anyway and just do the health measures instead.

And NONE have addressed this.

What age were you when you got diagnosed? Did it take a while for a doc to diagnose you? What procedures were involved? Were you treated? Are you still in pain?

Old 10-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
(female)

LkK2507 HB User

what is this "healthy Measure" you keep refering too.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

If you want you can read the post by sjb in the following thread but I am not promising any result immediately it took a long time, but it was better than the doctor's so called cures with all their pills that didn't seem to work.

http://www.healthboards.com/board/showthread.php?t=767014&highlight=endome treosis

Old 10-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #7
(female)

LkK2507 HB User

It says its no longer available...

Last edited by LkK2507; 10-20-2010 at 05:28 PM.

Closed Thread