It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2010, 07:40 AM   #1
(female)

LkK2507 HB User
Post Lap for Endometriosis.. When can I tell??

Has anyone had a laporoscopy for Endometriosis? I had my 1st and they found endo on both my ovaries and other common areas. Not on bowel. He said there was a decent amount but it was superficial. He lasered it all off. The first week I struggled with the surgery pain including the dreaded gas pain. I started feeling some of my same symtoms before the surgery creep back in slowly as the surgery soreness subsided. I had my period I week after the surgery and ever since then my symtoms hvae been worse AND Ive been having consistant period like cramps even though my period is over.. Its freaking me out that I actually feel worse after the surgery!!! I am so anxious and have been for months so this isnt helping.

My question is.. Am I just not healed yet? I should note I also stopped my birth control pills last week too becuase my husband and I want to start trying soon. Is it normal to feel some of the same pain and symtoms you had before surgery untill you completely heal? He said give it 4-6 week but I would think I should be getting progressively better not worses. I know I just had my 1st period and I will also have to hvae my first ovultion here soon which might be worse I guess.

ANY experience with this to give me some assurance would be great.. THis is so discerning and my Gyno is so dry its hard to get good answers out of him. He just keeps saying I should feel my symtoms go away soon!?? And if they dont it must be something else!?? grrr

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Post Lap for Endometriosis.. When can I tell??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LkK2507 View Post
Has anyone had a laporoscopy for Endometriosis? yes of courseI had my 1st and they found endo on both my ovaries and other common areas. Not on bowel. He said there was a decent amount but it was superficial. He lasered it all off. The first week I struggled with the surgery pain including the dreaded gas pain. I started feeling some of my same symtoms before the surgery creep back in slowly as the surgery soreness subsided. I had my period I week after the surgery and ever since then my symtoms hvae been worseOne person was fortunate enough to have read about the fact that this sometimes happens after a surgery and opted not to do that. She put up with a real lot but discovered other things over time. Would you want the story? If so you can visit this threadname by copy pasting the address in your search window on your browser. http://www.healthboards.come/board/showthread. php?t=767014&highlight=endometreosis

The story will be the posts done by sjb in response to the threadstarter.

note: the spelling
AND I've been having consistant period like cramps even though my period is over.. Its freaking me out that I actually feel worse after the surgery!!! I am so anxious and have been for months so this isnt helping.

I would be very interested over time to know if the program she tried would benefit a person such as yourself who had surgery and it did not help.

My question is.. Am I just not healed yet? Who knows for sure but I have heard of stories where women got better for years and others who became bad again 6 months after surgery.I should note I also stopped my birth control pills last week too becuase my husband and I want to start trying soon. Is it normal to feel some of the same pain and symtoms you had before surgery untill you completely heal? He said give it 4-6 week but I would think I should be getting progressively better not worses. I know I just had my 1st period and I will also have to hvae my first ovultion here soon which might be worse I guess.

ANY experience with this to give me some assurance would be great.. THis is so discerning and my Gyno is so dry its hard to get good answers out of him. He just keeps saying I should feel my symtoms go away soon!?? And if they dont it must be something else!?? grrr

Have a better day

Old 10-20-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
(female)

LkK2507 HB User

link doesnt work...

Old 10-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi What you can do is to copy the whole thing and paste it in the search window in your browser. If that doesn't work let me know. You should note that if you typed it in the spelling of endometreosis that was used for the thread is different than the one endometriosis which is usually used.

Last edited by sjb; 10-20-2010 at 03:04 PM.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #5
(female)

LkK2507 HB User

I copied and pasted it as you instructed first time I even changed the spelling of endometriosis.. but Im lost. why are you doing it like this?
Thanks

Old 10-22-2010, 02:36 PM   #6
(female)

gracie10 HB User

Had Laproscopy back in July. Ended up having to have one ovary and one tube removed.The surgeon said they were "shredded" from the endometrial growth. Didn't even know I had it, No symptoms.... But after surgery, I started having severe regular pain with my menstral cycle. When I told my obgyn about the new worsening symptoms he did not seem surprised, nor did he have much to say/offer. I have already had children so he offered me a low dose pill as a way to lessen the endometrial flair ups but, nothing in the way of pain management. (I do not tolerate drugs well) I am due to check in with him again in January to evaluate my symptoms and treatment options will let you know if he offers anything promising.

Best of luck
gracie

Old 10-23-2010, 08:21 AM   #7
(female)

LkK2507 HB User

Thanks for your reply! I am curious. If you had no symtoms, what was your reason for having a lap? Just curious. Your reply makes me feel better.

My symtoms are still worse. cramps are gone but I am just SORE in there.. especially on the right side where I had most of my complaints before. Its not unbareable but worse than my mild symtoms before surgery.

The following user gives a hug of support to LkK2507:
sjb (10-25-2010)
Old 10-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LkK2507 View Post
Thanks for your reply! I am curious. If you had no symtoms, what was your reason for having a lap?

I am perplexed as to which one of us you are talking to when you ask this question.

Just curious. Your reply makes me feel better.

My symtoms are still worse. cramps are gone but I am just SORE in there.. especially on the right side where I had most of my complaints before. Its not unbareable but worse than my mild symtoms before surgery.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:39 PM   #9
(female)

gracie10 HB User

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you.

The surgery was at the end of a whole medical saga that started with being misdiagnosed by an unfamiliar doctor while we were 3000 miles from home. You don't want to know.

Anyway, when I finally got home to my regular, trusted doctor they found a baseball sized endometrioma on my ovary. I still have some pain where the ovary and tube were removed . I wonder if they are "phantom pains" like amputees get? Also, strangely, still pain in my belly button. Only been on the pill for a week.....will let you know if symptoms improve after time.

Also, if you are trying to get pregnant maybe ask about alternative medicine options reiki, cranial sacral relaxation techniques instead of NSaids to help with pain. Not a cure but, drugless stress relief is always good.
praying for you...
best of luck,
gracie

The following user gives a hug of support to gracie10:
sjb (10-28-2010)
Closed Thread