It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
(female)

luvmy2girls HB User
Unhappy New to all of this...

Hello everyone, I am new to this board, however, I frequent the thyroid disorders board.

Breif history on me... 28, 2 kids, hypothyroidism caused by Hashimoto's, bile salt diarhea caused my having my gallbladder removed 12 yrs ago, and now a presumptive diagnosis of Endometriosis....

I have always had some mild issues with my period and what not, but never really anything major up until recently... After I had my youngest which was in Oct 2009 I have had nothing but problems with my health.. I was diagnosed with Hashi's in Feb 2010 with a goiter that doesn't want to stop growing, and now this presumptive diagnosis of Endometriosis.. I have been having a lot of "mental" issues too.. Like being super irratated over nothing and angry ect.

Okay so the pain was bad enough this month to make me make a doctors appt..
Symptoms:
Extreme cramping with spotting for around 7 day before actual period actually starts
Super heavy flow ( like I use a ultra absorbancy tampon with a regular pad and I am overflowing both in a matter of about 2 hours)
Pain with sex (when I not menstrating)
horrible pain the first 3 day inserting and taking out tampon
and this is the worst! horrendously painful bowel movements during the first 3 days of my actual period. It feels like my insides are being yanked out through a cheese grater through my bottom.. It actually makes me cry it hurts so bad...

I cannot afford a laparscopic procedure right now. So doc wanted to see if birth control would help, HOWEVER, I don't do well with it. It causes me to feel almost like I am "high" and headaches, nausua, crying, ect.

Does this really sound like endometriosis?

Can u get it after u have had children?

what other ways can be used to deal with it?

Thank you in advance for you help, experiences, and advice!

Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2010, 02:20 AM   #2
(female)

calq HB User
Re: New to all of this...

I'm sorry you're having these problems, it's horrible I know. I have/had endometriosis (long story) and the pain can be intolerable. My symptoms were, dull aching pain whenever I became active (that includes simple walking), pain with BM occassionally, Pain during intercourse, stabbing pain in what I call my ovary area whenever I exerted myself ie gym workouts. Sometimes the pain will shoot through my back as well. Laparscopic surgeries are expensive I've had two, but the first one was worth it. Until you can get this resolved try using hot packs or even those icy hot patches if you're out and about sometimes that can soothe the inflammation, also ibuprofen should help lessen the amount of inflammation usually 800mg is what I would take and it would help some. Good luck, and I hope this gets resolved for you soon.
~Chelsea

Old 11-17-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
(female)

luvmy2girls HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by calq View Post
I'm sorry you're having these problems, it's horrible I know. I have/had endometriosis (long story) and the pain can be intolerable. My symptoms were, dull aching pain whenever I became active (that includes simple walking), pain with BM occassionally, Pain during intercourse, stabbing pain in what I call my ovary area whenever I exerted myself ie gym workouts. Sometimes the pain will shoot through my back as well. Laparscopic surgeries are expensive I've had two, but the first one was worth it. Until you can get this resolved try using hot packs or even those icy hot patches if you're out and about sometimes that can soothe the inflammation, also ibuprofen should help lessen the amount of inflammation usually 800mg is what I would take and it would help some. Good luck, and I hope this gets resolved for you soon.
~Chelsea
Thank you very much for you encouraging words and reply.. I really appreciate it.. It thought that I have some enometriosis on my bowel and if I do that cannon be surgically removed. Apparently I will have to take this medicine called LUPRON and I'm not so sure how that is going ot work.. I have a horrible time with added hormones. I can't even do the birth control. UGH this is such a pain lol literally..

Old 11-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
(female)

calq HB User

I was on Lupron for one year. It puts you into a menopause like state, you get hotflashes etc. You have the option to add estrogen in to counteract the hot flashes but I just rolled with them. Lupron worked great for me for the time I was on it. Usually it can resolve the problem altogether, you'll probably love it

Closed Thread