It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2011, 01:09 AM   #1
(female)

Becky Rose HB User
Please can someone tell me if you think i have Endometriosis

Hi

I'm 28 and been struggling most of my adult life with terrible stomach cramps and pain.

I have been in and out of hospital most my life and not 1 doctor has ever suggested this. I have had 2 ectopic pregnancies leaving my with no tubes, and due to the pain that docs put down to scaring i have considered having everything out.

What do you think -

Day before and 1 day into my period i can hardly stand up. This pain makes me physically sick.
I am bloated alot of the time and its very painful.
I have blood in my stools
I become very tired
I bleed very heavy with large clots

Am i barking up the wrong tree here or are the docs missing something here due to putting all this down to scarring?

Your help is very much appreciated!

Becky x

Old 02-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
(female)

declansmom HB User
Re: Please can someone tell me if you think i have Endometriosis

Hi There,
YOu sound just like me before a dr finally did a laproscopy on me to 'just see' what is going on down there and they diagnosed me with stage 4 endo and it is all over my bladder and bowels, ribs and just about everything. I too have had severe stomach pains even before my first period. I do think you need to have a laproscopy down to see if you have endo, or have you already had one done yet? I have been told that endo does not show up on any tests yet, but can only been seen by actually going in and looking.

The Following User Says Thank You to declansmom For This Useful Post:
ninamarc (03-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2011, 06:12 AM   #3
(female)

JazzandTasha HB User

I have had severe endo for 17 years now. I can tell you a laproscopy is the most effective way to find out and if it isnt endo it may give u results non the less. They currently cannot diagnose with any other testing. Usually most woman with Endo do not have large blood clots because with Endo the clots attach to the stomach lining when it sheds from the uterus. Shorter periods are common and very uncomfortable much like what you described. Flow varies between woman, mine used to be light and only for about 3-4 days each month. If there is blood in your stool I would look into testing in your bowels for Irritable Bowel syndrome, or variables such as that. Endo shouldnt affect your blood in your bowels but may make you have to go more frequently because of the bloating.
Hope this helps

Old 03-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #4
(female)

JW89 HB User

Sounds like endo to me. It was only when I got blood in my stools during my period that I went for tests which eventually diagnosed endo. BM blood was only during period and dark, clotty, streaks, like menstrual blood - nothing like haemorroidal blood.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #5
(male)

KCA82 HB User

It is Endometriosis. Every symptom that you are experiencing is spot-on. The Laparoscopy is the most definitive test. Findings of multiple tendor nodules on the uterosacral ligaments indicate...Ovarian enlargement or presence of endometrial cysts on ovaries... The cheaper route would be to empiric trial of GnRH agonist therapy to confirm or refute the impresssion of Endometriosis before resorting to the laparoscopy. Most offices will go straight to the laparo. If you mention the GnRH therapy they may try that for you first. If they do the laparoscopy, while at it make sure they biopsy the tissue to confirm the diagnosis of Endometriosis. God Bless

Closed Thread