It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
(female)

HI-grl10 HB User
Do my symptoms fit Endo?

Hi. I am 25 years old and have had 3 kids. All my life I have had painful menstrual cramps and a somewhat heavy period. About 2 years ago when I got my Mirena removed I started having periods so heavy I have to change my tampon every 2 to 3 hours and even at night. The cramps since then have been bad but I am able to handle it with motrin. I was diagnosed with HPV after my 2nd child was born and had a biopsy and they removed pre-cancer cells. I have had 2 abnormal paps since then but no other biopsys. Within the past 6 months I started having bleeding in between my periods. It only last 2 to 3 days. Also I have been having extreme abdominal and pelvic pain during and after intercourse. I do spot blood afterwards as well. At times I get stabbing pains in my rectum that are so bad I can't move. So now for the past 3 weeks I have been having discharge that ranges from white and milky to white and chunky and sometimes clear mucous. I want to know what is going on and if anyone else has experienced these problems. I have had negative results for UTI, yeast infection, and no STD's.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: HI-grl10
Jenna1104 (04-02-2011), Jules 59 (08-10-2011), music47 (08-15-2011)
Old 03-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Do my symptoms fit Endo?

If it was me I would find a new good Gyn doctor and have them give you a 2nd opinion..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
(male)

KCA82 HB User

Everything fits Endometriosis. The dyspaurenia, Everything down to the rectal area hurting,etc. The symptoms you listed can all have a check mark next to them for Endometriosis. The clear discharge is a bit odd though. It MAY just be the ectopic tissue. Id order a laparoscopy or the cheaper test/therapy GnRh agonist therapy. If not for Endometriosis, at least get checked for the milky discharge.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
(female)

Jenna1104 HB User

I have had those same symptoms, except for all the discharge and pain during intercourse (I am not sexually active). I get some discharge here and there but it's not constant. I do however get severe rectal pain at times and I have for a very long time. I am 29, have no kids and had bleeding 2 weeks after my period.
They found a polyp on my uterus and a cyst on my ovary in an ultrasound. I have to have the polyp removed with a D&C and a colonoscopy was also recommended, so I will be having that done too. I have posted a few things on these boards but the rectal pain is always one I have been embarrased to talk about because I haven't really met anyone who has experienced it as well. It is something that is very painful and a bit scary because I never really understood where it could be coming from. I wonder if my colonoscopy will detect endo if it is present? I do not know too many of the symptoms of it.
It is very nice to know that I am not alone in having a lot of the same pains. It makes me not so embarrased and it also gives me a small idea as to what it may be (one of the posters above said it can be a symptom of endo)
I wish you luck in finding out what is wrong and also in feeling better. All the best.
Jenna

Last edited by Jenna1104; 04-02-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
(female)

Jules 59 HB User

ask for a C 125 test which rules out the big C first. The pain with intercourse is a classic Endo symptom usually pinching or pulling in the pelvis and burning can indicate Endo or Adhesions (scar tissue attached to other organs) excessive bleeding could indicate fibroids too. Have you had a CT or MRI or Ultrasound if not ask for one.

Closed Thread