It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2011, 02:07 AM   #1
(female)

Jules 59 HB User
Question Adhesions in right pelvis/Endo Pain Sitting

I am currently awaiting abdominal CT Scan results. I have IBS and had extensive Endometriosis which stuck my fallopian tube stumps (prev removed) to my ovary one side and bowel the other. Gyne removed as much as he could 3 years or so ago after laproscopy and hysteroscopy, adhesions were also in my pelvic cavity around belly button. Relief after operation was immediate i was overjoyed ive suffered so much pain waking me every day for years. Sadly after a few weeks pain returned with a vengeance and steadily got worse, pain when i sit after a few minutes get worse making lower back ache and a feeling of tightness and pinching in the right groin area deep inside my hip. GPs and Consultants hint its likely to be adhesions! Being the beginning of menopausal age and with added complication of IBS, frequent constipation and piles and a build up of pain until when i should usually
be menstruating is making this even more confusing with the newest symptom of severe hot flushes at night before ovulation making this really unpleasant and constant exhaustion. Missed 3 menses then had bleeding
likely menopausal symptoms but this horrible pinching feeling in right groin like a balloon being pumped up inside my pelvis close to hip. Walking or standing brings some relief this is so strange! Could this all be adhesions, more endo or IBS or all together! Gyne thinks pain an inch too high and said could be muscular skeletal but still considering hysterectomy but fears this operation risks further adhesions! CT scan (waiting for results) i guess is to rule out Diverculitis or tumours, cysts. Not sure CT scan would pick up narrowing of the bowel (hence bad ibs symptoms). completely at a loss and still searching for answers!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
(female)

VitoTheColon HB User
Re: Adhesions in right pelvis/Endo Pain Sitting

I had a colon stricture caused by an ovarian cyst that was identified on CT scans and barium enema (colonoscopy could not be completed). The CT scan can rule out diverticulitis and show anything else unusual. I also have IBS and have found probiotics to be very helpful- I eat Kefir (a cultured milk product) every day. I was miserable until finding it so I highly recommend it. Good luck with your scan results!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VitoTheColon For This Useful Post:
Jules 59 (04-02-2011)
Old 04-20-2011, 06:29 AM   #3
(female)

twinnotwo1971 HB User

I hope your CT provided some clues. I had a similar situation. Endometriosis had my fallopian tube stuck to my colon on one side and pelvis on the other. I had a hysterctomy. I am having pain very similar to what you described. I also have IBS. My scans all came back normal, so my doctor said I shouldn't be in pain??????? An ER doctor told me it was probably scar tissue/adhesions. They don't show up on scans. They didn't get all the endometriosis either. I don't want any more surgery, as it can lead to further scarring, so right now I am tolerating it. I hope you are getting some relief.

The Following User Says Thank You to twinnotwo1971 For This Useful Post:
Jules 59 (08-10-2011)
Old 04-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #4
(female)

Jules 59 HB User

Thanks for reply. My CT Scan results just came back and on top of the endo/adhesions pain im getting, it confirmed I have left sided Divercultis Disease and a small Hiatus Hernia. I also have IBS but strangely the pain i get ie pinching when i sit and eat
is right sided which im convinced is adhesions. I have almost constant constipation and fissures not nice! I have every sympathy with what your going through, i was woken at 4.40 am with stomach and pelvic pain so bad i had to get up and take pain relief and more Fybogel its really vile. Do they really expect me to simply live with this pain! I was a bit taken back to find out i have further complications, keep in touch if you can.
Jules

Old 04-20-2011, 10:37 PM   #5
(female)

Jules 59 HB User

CT Scan just back surprised to find I also have Divercultis Disease and Hiatus Hernia
to boot! The Diverculitis is on the left side yet pinching pain when i sit and eat
and also wakes me every morning is generally right sided, woke 4.50am this morning in horrible pain. So now have that the add to adhesion/endo pain and IBS and prolapsed uterus. All i know is im in pain most of the time accept when walking or upright its a bit relieved. Hope you are coping with your pains and thanks for reply.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:33 AM   #6
(female)

VitoTheColon HB User

Jules_59: I did not diverticulitis but know a lot of people do have a colon resection to deal with it, since the diverticulae pockets with be a problem as long as they are there. I am having my second period since my surgery and still have pain, so I think I have endo in other places in my abdomen besides what was on the ovary and bowel that was removed. My aunt had her entire sigmoid removed after repeated diver flare ups from diverticulosis and she is a renewed woman- she was adamant I see her surgeon!

Twinontwo: from the research I have been doing, the only way to get rid of the pain for good is to get rid of the endo surgically. It could be that you have adhesions, but if you know they didn't get at all the endo that would be a likely candidate. I am having left side pain near where they took everything out, hard to know if it is an adhesion or endo still. I am finding this whole process so frustrating, since endo MDs are hard to find and a lot of gyns think they are experts! I wish there were more options out there and more knowledge/research.

The following user gives a hug of support to VitoTheColon:
Jules 59 (08-10-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to VitoTheColon For This Useful Post:
Jules 59 (08-10-2011)
Old 04-24-2011, 12:56 AM   #7
(female)

Jules 59 HB User

Hi

Thanks for taking time to reply appreciated. I can't remember if I said your endo/adhesion problems that when i recently went to a Endometriosis Support Group
locally they had a woman who used the Mayan technique which is supposed to really help. She studied it in Belize its an ancient massage therapy Maya Abdominal Massage
and it (according to members who had tried it and swore by it), it apparently guides internal organs into their proper place which improves organ function by releasing physical and emotional congestion from the abdomen, it improves the flow of chi and fluids of the circulatory, lympathic and nervous systems to prevent progression of chronic disease symptomology. Her name is Amanda Porter using Arvigo Therapies
Mayan healers can be found locally for you on the internet if your interested to find out more. She said at the meeting that alot of womens pelvic conditions result from blockages and the uterus being out of alignment which is interesting as I and many people their had prolapsed uteruses etc! Another interesting thing i didn't know until now but endo actually grows its own nerve supply - amazing! that may explain the
pain i guess from the adhesions tethering to other organs and endo lesions with
its own nerve supply, i think the medical profession is finding our more and more
about this condition every day but still haven't quite cracked it yet! Anyway food for thought hope it helps. Jules

Old 05-30-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
(female)

twinnotwo1971 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoTheColon View Post
Twinontwo: from the research I have been doing, the only way to get rid of the pain for good is to get rid of the endo surgically. It could be that you have adhesions, but if you know they didn't get at all the endo that would be a likely candidate. I am having left side pain near where they took everything out, hard to know if it is an adhesion or endo still. I am finding this whole process so frustrating, since endo MDs are hard to find and a lot of gyns think they are experts! I wish there were more options out there and more knowledge/research.
I have researched and learned the same thing. My doctor has me on Estradiol, which is no doubt fueling what endometriosis she didn't get, and she doesn't understand this. I am looking for a new doctor.

The Following User Says Thank You to twinnotwo1971 For This Useful Post:
Jules 59 (05-30-2011)
Old 05-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
(female)

Jules 59 HB User
Exclamation Re: Adhesions in right pelvis/Endo Pain Sitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinnotwo1971 View Post
I have researched and learned the same thing. My doctor has me on Estradiol, which is no doubt fueling what endometriosis she didn't get, and she doesn't understand this. I am looking for a new doctor.
Hi, thanks for reply

Yes totally with you on the frustration of what seems like having to do your own research and feeling your not being understood or even treated correctly! My GP actually admitted when presented with my continual pelvic 'groin' right sided pain worse when i sat or ate and associated bowel and bladder problems and pain waking me and reduces me for days at a time to lying on the settee with a hot water bottle and dosed up with Colpermin (peppermint caps) Fybogel Merbervine a drink which adds husk with an anti spasmodic agent and CO Drydamol for the pain which constipates me hideously and causes piles and tears if I don't keep on top of it as well as gulps of lactalose to soften piles that 'We don't know what to do with you'!
If we operate again to reduce the adhesions by way of laser or cutting or Hysterectomy we feel the adhesions would worsen considerably. So i guess that means LIVE WITH IT! Easier said than done. With no fallopian tubes removed one by one, extensive endo found mostly left and in right pelvis and round belly button area adhering ovary to bowel and tethering to organs on the other side and with Diverculitis Disease and Hiatus Hernia and a Prolapsed Uterus and IBS, let the MD the GPs the Surgeons live with the multi symptoms and continual pain and tell us to get on with it then! Why on earth are they giving you Estradoil i gather that is an oestrogen type and all endo suffers know you dont put oestrogen into an endo sufferer its the quickest way to put a match to a flame! it causes oestrogen to feed on the endo and provides the perfect environment for it to prosper and spread, oestrogen is the baddie for endometriosis thats why doctors hate giving it to people with this condition. In extreme cases of symptoms there apparently is a way to introduce really weak does carefully administered but its not generally promoted for Endo as a rule. Im just in limbo ive just suffered for two weeks and period failed to arrive this month im clearly menopausal two off two on, but the pain i get and pinching in my ovary for two weeks is downright uncomfortable and saps your energy levels even walking made me feel sick. I was also urged to take anti depressants - im depressed because i cannot get a way forward I really cannot effectively function and prosper in this life in this amount of pain and discomfort. All they say with hunched shoulders is 'don't know we are confused too we suspect adhesions also could be made worse ny Diverculitis Disease problems and we don't want to go back in as it could be made worse so FRUSTRATING you bet!
They mentioned a patch which gradually releases measured doses of oestragen externally but watching this space = keep me updated looks like we are both researching like beavers!:c onfused::c onfused:

Old 08-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #10
(female)

Jules 59 HB User

Thanks for the feedback. Hope your in good health right now. Im still getting the right pinching in my right ovary area inside hip and Bilateral Salpingo Oopherectomy still an option but even the surgeon is reluctant to do it unless this pain does not improve as I go through menopause which is happening now on and off periods etc. The pain is relentless when i actually do menstruate as if my ovary is on fire! it niggles when i sit and eat so completely confusing now I also know I have Diverculitis Disease, I dont know if its endo, adhesions or the diverrculitis and just sit there popping pain killers and laxatives. I think ill wait and bear it for now as hysterectomy brings big further adhesion risk its a big op to have for it to fail! If this goes on forever ill have to give in and go for it, but i face a good old DHSS medical and im scared to death as it seems adhesion disorder is not really recognised as a serious disorder and with the endo and diverculitis symptoms playing havoc with my bowels and bladder plus a prolapse as well, ibs with anxiety thrown in for good measure I could really do without judgement right now. It seems even endometriosis is considered not that serious despite the fact in some with lots it can cause little pain in others with a little it can be debilitating and affect their entire life if the implants are in certain places in the bowel, pouch of douglas or intestines which is what ive got! how the hell can you explain all that to someone who doesn't care! I want to do something again with my life and have ideas and intend to change my life its just really hard when pain dogs you and tiredness drains you almost all the time but for brief relapses (fluctuating) Sorry went on a real rant there im just a bit overwhelmed by where i find myself now and waiting for pain killers to kick in, thanks for listening, no doubt you will know all too well how frustrating this illness can be. All the best. Hugs Jules

Old 08-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #11
(female)

Jules 59 HB User

Thank you still in pain still trying to avoid hysterectomy adhesions could be worsened that is scarey! Hope your feeling better.

Closed Thread