It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
(female)

kasiaku HB User
Would having endometriosis make you more susceptible to illness?

I get sick a lot. Really much more than a healthy person should, to the point where I hide the fact that I'm sick from people because I'm tired of hearing "You're sick AGAIN?".

I was diagnosed with endometriosis very recently, and it definitely explains a lot about the hell that I've been dealing with for years now. If my being sick a lot is somehow connected it would definitely explain a lot more..

I read somewhere that endometriosis can mess with your immune system, thus making it easier for you to get sick.

Is this true?

Old 04-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
(female)

kasiaku HB User
Re: Would having endometriosis make you more susceptible to illness?

Actually, now that I think about it I get sick right before my period. So I'm getting sick on a monthly basis, usually lasts for about a week, even longer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I think the two could be related...endometriosis can affect everything to do with you periods.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:31 AM   #4
(female)

robin09171979 HB User

I also believe that Endo can cause other illnesses. Endo can be blamed for IBS, IC, Gastro intestinal problems and other issues. It depends on where your Endo implants are as to what problems you may have. I haven't had a period since 2005, and I'm a surgical menopause patient but every month for about a week I still feel very bloated, no apitite at all and massive pain. The body still creates estrogen to a point because there are other organs that still create small doses. IDK if there will ever be a cure for Endo but I do know it is considered a auto immune disease and it has been stated by oncologist that Endo is more complex to work on than cancer because no one really knows how far into the tissue the endo runs or where else it could be hiding. Endo implants can be anywhere blood travels such as the lungs, heart, brain, liver, bowel, and the skin in some cases. So its really no surprise that everyone gets sick often with this disease.

Closed Thread