It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
(female)

Jenna1104 HB User
Question Endo symptoms?

Hi everyone. I just wanted to ask a question regarding endo.
I am 29 and have 0 children with no chance of pregnancy because I'm not sexually active. if that somehow helps

For the longest time I have been having severe sharp shooting rectal pains that go up into my pelvis and vaginal area. I can't really pinpoint a time when this happens the most because I have experienced it for so long.

If it also helps I always have terrible pains before and during my periods.The pain level varies, but most of the time it's hard to deal with. Bad leg pains that start from my hips and go through my thighs, and the right side is usually a lot worse.. A dr. once wrote that off as sciatica. It was in an E.R but she did not even suggest anything further, just handed me a script for pain.

I do get lower back pain and do have a slight spinal injury so it is hard to tell exactly why that's happening. But at times I do get sudden sharper pains in my lower back that didn't usually happen before.

Nausea is something I usually have with my period but expperiencing that off it as well.

I also always have diarrhea with every period I have. I hardly ever suffer from constipation with it. It's just the diarrhea.
I have bled in between periods before. My urine test I had done recently showed a small trace off blood that was not coming from my vagina. It came back as negative for any kidney disease or anything like that.

Recently, I have been getting the diarrhea and leg cramping off of my period. Fot almost a month now.

I usually alwayshave heavy blleding and lots of bloating with my periods. I am experiencing the bloating even off my period now. I am not too sure as to when my period is starting this month because they have always fluctuated.

Also, I recently had an ultrasound that showed a 2.6 cm cyst on my right ovary and a polyp on my uterus. I know that a polyp is an overgrowth of cells. So I was wondering if it is possible that I may have growths outside of the uterine lining?

It seems that my current Dr. wants to blame all my issues on my acid reflux disease. And I know that dr.s in general tend to write a woman's stomach issues off as IBS.
I am also going to see a gyno/surgeon on the 12th of this month about scheduling a D&C to remove the polyp. How do I get him to listen to my concerns and not just brush me off? I have never met him before, so I don't know what he is like, but I feel that some of this pelvic pain isn't being caused by IBS. Although I do believe I have some digestive issues.

I didn't mean for this to be so long lol. I just wanted to share some of my medical issues with you so that you can have a better understanding and maybe women on this board with endo have had similar issues they can share with me.

Thank you for your answers and time.

Last edited by Jenna1104; 04-04-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
(female)

Jenna1104 HB User
Re: Endo symptoms?

One thing I did forget, sorry.
I also get very gassy with my periods but am experiencing that now as well. Gas is not usually something I have frequently when I am off of my period.

And I know that many of these symptoms could be from a number of different things. I'm just trying to find out more about endo because I do plan on mentioning it to my gyno.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

JenRas05 HB User
Re: Endo symptoms?

Hi Jenna,
It does sound like you have endometriosis. You have all the symptoms of it. I was diagnosed with endo when I was 18. It was very hard to get a doctor to believe me or even consider me having endo. I finally researched a gynocologist that had experience with endo and it made all the difference. She took me seriously and gave me a laporoscopy to find out if I had endo. It turned out I did, minor but I did indeed have endometriosis. The thing with endometriosis is that a lot of doctors do not know that much about it and they tend to think that it only happens in older women and they don't like to even try to diagnose it. A lot of doctors think its just a waste of time to even diagnos endo because there is no cure and the birth control and hormone treatments are the only options for treatment which can be prescribed without even diagnosing it. Its really stupid though because endo is a serious disease that causes a lot of women serious pain! My best advice to you would be to research a gyno that has experience with endometriosis and make an apointment to see them. Your surgeon who is removing your polyp should know of endo but he might not believe you have it. You should try and voice your opinion to him though and see if he can't check you for endo while he is removing your polyp. Best of luck to you! Just like someone told me when I was dealing with all this, is that you know your body better than anyone else so if you feel something is wrong than it probably is. You have to just stand up for your health until you get a doctor to take you seriously. Its a sad thing, but doctors are not always right and a lot of the times they are wrong. Just trust your instincts. I hope you are able to find a doctor (gyno) who is really familiar with endo who can help you out. Suffering with the pain is no fun.
Take Care,
Jenny

Closed Thread