It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
(female)

hoodgurl06 HB User
Is this endo or something else?

I am going to the doctor tomorrow, but it's hard to stop researching my symptoms and trying to diagnose myself. I should just stop, but all of my symptoms sound like endo, just curious if anyone has it and what you have dealt with.

I was diagnosed with PCOS by one doctor in late 2007/early 2008 after having several cysts rupture. I started exercising more, changed my diet, and took chasteberry/vitex supplements, and saw my cycles improve, and no more cysts. When I changed docs, my new one did mention that some of the pain I was having could be due to endometriosis, but the only way to find out was to do laproscopy, and because the pain wasn't too severe, I didn't want to do that.

My periods returned this December, and my last three cycles have been 26 days. Since my period returned, I've been having pain during ovulation (feels like menstrual cramps in my abdomen and lower back) which never happened before getting pregnant. What actually prompted me to call the doc was I've been having pain during sex (not all the time) but it keeps happening every so often. I've also been having severe abdominal pain if I try to have a bowel movement on my period; so bad I've almost been in tears.

I wrote down all of my symptoms so I don't forget anything when I see the doc, but I'm not really sure what questions I should ask. I know this is kinda long, thanks for reading and if you could offer any insight or suggest questions for the doc I would appreciate it; I'm new to this website, but I often visit and read posts for info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
(female)

hoodgurl06 HB User
Re: Is this endo or something else?

I did see my doc today; I handed her a list of every symptom I could think of that has been related to my menstrual cycles. She asked if I had ever been diagnosed with endometriosis in the past, but didn't really say what she suspected. She sent me to go get a sonogram, so I did that this morning, and she wants me to come in again when she gets the results.

Closed Thread