It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
(female)

katielee0127 HB User
Lightbulb old symptoms being ignored

hi all,
found this post about endometriosis and thought i'd post my question here. i haven't been diagnosed but highly suspecting endo. i've had ovarian cysts since i was 13 and put on birth control, which by the way, hasn't done much good. and i also started my period right before my 11th birthday, in case that has anything to do with it.

within the past year or so i have noticing weird symptoms throughout the month and more so the week leading up to my period. to list a few, i become depressed, extremely angry (to the point of my new husband of one month talking of seperation) extremely sappy, and physical symptoms such as headaches, pelvic pain, lower back pain, leg/thigh/hip pain almost always, allergies but not extreme, and any other random thing you could think of. also, about 3 months ago, i started having spotting which i have NEVER had before. it's about a week to 10 days before my period, brown, kinda splotchy looking (sorry) and very light and i only noticed it when i wiped, sometimes it would be enough to drip into the toilet (sorry again). i've had a pap within the past month which came out normal and last years did too. wondering if endo is sneaking up on me..anyone with any insight would be appreciated. i've only looked up symptoms on the internet but someone with some real experiences would be much helpful thanks in advance.

The following user gives a hug of support to katielee0127:
corinne7760 (06-30-2011)
Old 06-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
(female)

corinne7760 HB User
Re: old symptoms being ignored

hey dont play around ,i started young,and by the time i was 20 they were talking hysterectomy.go to your gino,and tell them to schedule you for a laparoscopy.they put ya under make a small insicion in the bellybutton,2stiches tops.they blow your stomach up with air it makes ya have a look of a 9month pregnancy, and can look around.endometriosis can go all over the insides.i had it on my collin,stomach,bladder and so on...if they find it,sign the paper ahead of time that allows them to lazor it off.then ya dont have to go back under again.you'll be sore for about a couple weeks,but ya can fully function.not to scare ya,bye the time i was 30 i had no choice,2 years prior,they had to do reconstructive surgery to try and remake my left falopian tube,it was so ate up with the endo.,that in a 2 year period it was gone.my doctors were in shock how bad it was.so please ultrasound can give some insite but,a laparoscopy is the best way,dont play around,if you want kids someday,get a doctor who CARES...lots of luck i hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread