It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2011, 06:40 AM   #1
(female)

Ayria HB UserAyria HB UserAyria HB UserAyria HB User
Has anyone experienced this really odd symptom?

I apologize if this is a little bit long but even one helpful post from someone who has read the whole thing would be brilliant, thank you. I will put in bold the main question of this post, the rest is just a back-story and how everything is going now.

I started my periods later on in my life, at 16 years old. My periods have always been extremely heavy but I didn't suffer with proper "period" pains until I was about 17. Around this age I also went onto a contraceptive pill called Cerezette because of my high blood pressure. I've been on this pill for a year and a half, and my typical period would be a small amount of brown blood when wiping, no need for a pad just a panty liner would be fine.

However, a month ago maybe a little bit longer. I had a period for a whole month, I bled pretty consistently throughout, the blood sometimes changing colors and I passed a large amount of blood clots. I became worried very quickly and towards the end I was very weak, having hot and cold sweats and the abdominal pain was becoming intolerable. I stayed in bed for a whole day because I was in so much pain, my body ached terribly.

I had taken my pill absolutely constantly, so there was nothing wrong there.

I then went to the doctors when I believed the bleeding calmed down a little because I thought they would give me a pelvic exam. I arrived and I had to do a urine test, and do a pelvic exam, she said something about a pelvic mass? and also commented she couldn't really see because there was too much blood. I was asked to come in a week later and I did. The urine test proved I had no infections and was not pregnant.

I came in a week later and had another pelvic exam and she still couldn't see anything, she asked typical questions asking if I was sore. She then said she believes I will most likely be anemic and sent me off for a blood test in the next few days with a nurse. I was told to tell her everything about my next period also.

I had the blood test and my results came back saying I was indeed Anemic, I was given iron tablets and I'm still on them. I've just had another blood test to check up on the Anemia, and they've also put me down to get my glucose/blood sugar checked.

While this has all been happening I've not gone the doctors for anything other than the blood tests I've had booked. I've been experiencing very distressing symptoms and this is one of the worst, and most embarrassing.

Every time I orgasm, I get awful abdominal pain for around two hours, bringing me to tears, I'll feel very sick and I'll want to throw up. I also will have cold or hot sweats randomly and this will of course make me feel very anxious too. I will also have abdominal pain most days on my right side. I'm really unsure how normal this is and I'd really appreciate some help.

I rang the doctors, and asked to speak to a female doctor and tried to get some reassurance on this. She told me to keep doing everything normal, such as (having sex or masturbating) and keep checking to see when it happens, find out what makes it worse/better and to try and not get stressed.

She also booked me in to see my regular doctor I see for this problem on the 4th October and suggested she'd want the Dr to send me for an ultrasound.

I'm concerned I may have endometriosis and I know that a laparoscopy is the only way of really making sure of this.

What also worries me, is most women who have these symptoms are off the pill and suffer with the heavy periods, and the pill rectifies these in most cases. I feel my pill stopped me from bleeding even more than I originally could have, but I still bled an awful amount. This is making me worry more.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2011, 06:21 AM   #2
(female)

Re: Has anyone experienced this really odd symptom?

It's hard to believe no one can reply about this.

The following user gives a hug of support to Ayria:
jennijay (10-27-2011)
Old 10-07-2011, 04:09 AM   #3
(female)

Fenstar HB User

Hi Ayria,

I have been diagnosed with endometriosis and had surgery for it almost 2 years ago. I suffer from a similar reaction when I orgasm. During the actual orgasm it feels like someone is stabbing me in the ovaries. Afterwards I feel like I have really bad period pains for a few hours, with the aching going down my thighs and into my knees (which also happens when I have my period).

I am on the pill as I only like to have my period every few months as I can't cope with having the pain each month. If you've read up on Endo and really think you have it I would urge you to keep persisting until you get a definitive diagnosis.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #4
(female)

Hey, thanks for the reply Fenstar.

Here's an update for anyone that's interested.

After visiting my regular doctor, and having a pelvic exam I was told my cervix looked very red and inflamed, she also got another doctor in for a second opinion and they basically threw antibiotics at me, and practically suggested I had some kind of STD! I've had the same partner for a year and a half+ and I had recently been screened. I was pretty shocked, but I realised the anti biotics would clear up any kind of infection down there and may help. I took them and felt absolutely horrible but grinned and beared it. I finished the course and went back to my GP.

After returning, I was told my cervix was still sore and my GP phoned the hospital to have advise on what to do next. A Gyn at the hospital advised another type of anti biotic. I was very disappointed but I probably had to go along with any advice I was given or else I wouldn't get given a chance to see the Gyne at the hospital. These anti-biotics did nothing either, other than give me internal thrush which I had to get treated for too. I was not happy at all.

I went back to my gp, and said I was sick and tired of being given anti-biotics and made to feel like some kind of slapper because of my age and depressive history. She apologised and stated they really wanted to rule out any common things and she had to follow what the gyne at the hospital recommended.

I then got given some co-codamol for the pain to take over on my holiday (I'd not be seeing the doctor for 2 weeks~) Over the course of the trip I had stabbing pains in my right ovary from time to time, making me stop in my tracks. Towards the end of my visit, I felt very feverish and faint and the pain felt never-ending.

While on my holiday I was rang multiple times by doctors from the surgery confirming swab tests that had been taken didn't have any infections and it seemed like 2 of the doctors were interested in my case. I was referred for a Colposcopy appointment because of my cervix.

I visited my doctor and she had another look at my cervix. My cervix had apparently calmed down and only looked slightly abnormal with the redness/swelling. It was a huge relief. We both thought that the pessary I had taken about the thrush may have helped, so I was prescribed some oral tablets to take for it, along with those I was given Naproxen to try out for the pain. We both agreed if my cervix looked normal the following week we'd cancel the Colposcopy and focus on getting a Gyne appointment.

A few days later, my ultrasound came through finally, and I'm booked in for the 10th November at the hospital.

I'm going to update this thread mainly for myself, and so other women can maybe recognise themselves in this.

Last edited by Ayria; 11-01-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:51 AM   #5
(female)

Okay hello. Going to update this again.

Had my ultrasound today; it showed little cysts on my ovaries, which were described as polycystic but they don't believe I have PCOS. They believe this may be why I'm suddenly not getting my period but don't believe this is the source of my pain.

My uterus walls look very sore and are very thick and they believe I may have Adenomyosis on my walls. Which requires further investigation. They've asked me to write down everything when my next period comes as they expect it to be very painful and heavy. If Adenomyosis is confirmed I presume they must have to do a lap.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #6
(female)

Fenstar HB User

Well I am glad you're getting seen to and that you might finally get an idea of what is going on. Good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to Fenstar For This Useful Post:
Ayria (11-12-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 06:48 AM   #7
(female)

Thank you Fenstar.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #8
(female)

Keyer08 HB User

I have been diagnosed with stage four endometriosis and had eight surgeries for it in the last five years. I suffer an almost same reaction when I orgasm. During the actual orgasm it feels like someone is stabbing me. Afterwards the pain is so bad I have to sit in the hot bath tub for hours. If I wasnt bleeding before intercourse I am almost always bleeding afterwards and then aching going down my legs into my feet. Almost like I didnt drink enough fluids that day.

As for the doctor checking for stds. I was recently at the doctor for a check up after a surgery in January. I had started getting small red dots on the outside of my uterus, or some call it the "lips" so the outside toward the top. My doctor wrote it off as the tube that was insterted in the cervix after surgery was just rubbing there and causing it to be sore. Fastward to last week 4/22/2012 and the doctor is now telling me I need to be checked for herpes, and HIV. if i wasnt already feeling horrible that really was the icing on the cake. The swabs all come back negative and she ask me to get blood work to double check. I havent had many partners due to the pain durning sex and my age. Plus im super careful and all ppl i've been dating.

Needless to say blood work came back negative and im still stuck with this annoying red dots and pain. But the doctors love to check everything else out first and rule that out. Even if that takes them months. Makes me actually think if they listen to me

Closed Thread