It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 11:38 PM   #1
(male)

sua HB User
wife has endo, i have anxiety of losing her

Sounds stupid I know but i have severe anxiety disorder and worry about things to point where i get sick over it. My wife has Endo and i have heard so many things about it and don't know what to believe. I hear it can spread into her legs and stomache area, cause blood clots in legs and all kinds of stuff. I worry and picture her getting a clot and having it go to her brain someday and killing her. We cannothave kids which is bad enough but to think it can kill her scares me cause she is all i have.

Can someone please tell me what the truth is about it, what are the odds of this stuff happening. Cause if you look at mt profile, i have what they call a maladjusted coping mechanism and hate to go back to doing that.

She never worries about anything, i panic about all kinds of stuff.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:38 AM   #2
(female)

HMarieM HB User
Re: wife has endo, i have anxiety of losing her

Im 17 and have had Endo since I was 14. I've been to lots of gynos and been though the ringer about Endo. I've NEVER heard of anyone dying or getting a blood clot from Endo. I had Endo in my stomach and on my back muscles and even though it was painful it wasn't serious and Endo RARLEY IS. I honestly would worry about losing your wife, this is not a serious disease

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2011, 06:13 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User

Has your wife had a laparoscopy done? The only way to know FOR SURE if a women has endo is through a surgical procedure called a Laparoscopy. However, there are 'clues' or symptoms that are used to determine whether or not a women has endo. Why do doctors rely on these symptoms for a diagnosis? Because whether or not a women has endo, the treatment is usually the same- birth control (and OTC pain killers). In advance cases of endo, a doctor may be able to physically feel the scar tissue caused by endo during a pelvic examination. At this point, surgery may be needed to remove the scar tissue.

Either way, no death!!! Like HmarieM said, it is not a serious disease... But VERY painful

Old 03-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
(female)

angelineteo2010 HB User

I've had endo for many years before I finally realized what it was and had surgery done.mine was classified as severe endo .it's not gg to kill anyone ,only the pain
Can be torturous when havg periods.so stop worryg!! I lost ar least 1-2kg durg my period every mth due to the extreme cramps .but now that I've had the op, no such thg anymore! Just ask ur wife to go for ultrascan every half yr to see if surgery is required.if not she can always go on birth control pills.even if she doesnt do anytg abt it, just let her be!! If anytg, ur nagging maybe more problematic to her as compared to her endometriosis ! relax yah!! Everytgs fine-

Old 04-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #5
(female)

ritax HB User

Hi I understand your worry, I suffr with Endometriosis and Anxiety and like you my mind runs away playing mind games, I worry about everything and only think about the bad and not the good.

I was diagnosed with Endometriosis when I was 17 years old, thats 20 years ago now and although its not a nice thing to have and has not given me a good 20 years I dont worry about the scary things you pointed out as they are so rare and trust me if I dont worry you dont have to lol..

Closed Thread