*Sorry, this is long...
I began my period at the age of 9, I'm 21 now and sexually inactive so there is no chance of current pregnancy. I had my first pap smear when I was about 15 years old and haven't had once since, I'll be scheduling my second pap smear this week. I've been told multiple times, including by father who was a doctor, that I probably have endometriosis but no one wanted to test me.
I was just wondering if you think I might have endometriosis and if I should insist on getting tested? I understand a laparoscopy is the only way for an actual diagnosis but can they do a sonogram to see anything before the laparoscopy? And, if I do have endometriosis and I don't get it treated, what are the consequences aside from the ungodly pain every month?
These are my symptoms one week to one and a half weeks prior to beginning my period;
- Mild to severe headaches
- Sciatic pain
- Increased libido (3-4 days before period)
- Tension in muscles
- Severe anger and aggression
- Constant urination
- Talking with a "mouth full of marbles" (or, stuttering/unable to complete sentences and thoughts)
These are my symptoms one the first and second day, sometimes the third day into my period;
- Extreme cramping and pain
- Cold sweats
- "Flintstone" feet (swelling of feet)
- Dry/cotton mouth
- Pressure in lower stomach and back
- Constant urination
- Weakness in legs, especially thighs, "rubber legs"
- Blurry vision, hard time focusing on what I'm looking at, "halos"
- Can't concentrate on what is being said to me and I can't process what's going on - bad memory
- Lots of clotting
Basically, I am tired of this every month for the last 12 or so years and it has always gotten worse. When I was in school I would have to miss several days each month and now that I am working I have to call in (THANK GOD my employer is understanding!). I really just want this to stop, there is no reason for me to have to keep going through it. I've been put on the birth control shot and I've been put on Kavira. I'm terrible at taking pills and I just am not a fan of the shot.
So what do you think? Again, sorry for the lengthy post and thank you for reading it!