It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
(female)

Anzel HB User
Leg pain and extreme fatigue: is it my endo?

Hi everyone!

I only just joined, and wanted to ask a question that has been on my mind for about a month or two. First of all, I was diagnosed with endo in February and had surgery for it. We've also been on fertility treatment for about two years (and recently had two failed artificial inseminations) so psychologically I'm not feeling too hot .

So, I would be very grateful if someone could please answer: I've been feeling EXTREMELY fatigued lately, in that my arms and legs feel really heavy and tired even though it might only be 10am. Also, my legs have been really sore. The pain is from my knees down into my feet, my ankles feel swollen and sometimes I get these tiny stabbing pains in my toes. It's been slowly worsening, and so I wanted to know whether you ladies think it might be my endo and if I should see my gynea or my GP for the leg pain. Also: is there any way to relieve it?

Thank you for any replies!

Old 04-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
(female)

Daynalee HB User
Re: Leg pain and extreme fatigue: is it my endo?

Iwonder..are youmaybe suffering from Sciatica?
I havent had the surgery to'prove'I have endo...but have been told by my GYN thathe is 99%sure that's what I have. one thing I notice though (why this post caught myattentiopn) is that a week before I get my 'period' my right leg is SOOOO sore. and I have no idea why..though mine starts at the hip,..my leg will actually 'fall asleep'and go completely numb....sleeping stinks....I hope youfind some relief....the tinlging inthe toes leads me to believe that a 'pinched nerve' is involved though <3

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
(female)

Keyer08 HB User
Re: Leg pain and extreme fatigue: is it my endo?

Welp I can answer this. Each surgery, which im on number 8 or 9. I lost count after 5, it can cause issues with one your nerves, two your muscles, three your bones, ect ect. After my rounds on lupron I noticed pain in my legs from my knees down to my toes. The obgyn says its not endo. So I went back to the family doctor had an ultrasound of my legs for blood clots, and a nerve test done. Both negative. finally get a cat scan and Mri and find out I have a disc rupture at L5 S1 disc( The one before your tail bone ) the nero doctor saids my "lower Leg pain is not consistant with this disc issue" Had surgery on my disc Oct 2011. And 5 Injections to this day, and he was right I still deal with my leg pain. I can no longer stand for more than five hours, walking, or shopping has become hard task. My lower back now hurts and when I finally get off my feet I feel like my legs swell up and throb. I feel like my blood is boiling, I use tylonol pain cream for my legs(which i can find a walmart every now and then ) Icy hot patches and I can always be found in the bathtub after five hours on my feet.

I still havent gotten to the bottom of it, but I can tell you this is not normal and Im meeting with my obgyn and nero doctor together and see if they can pin point it.

Endo is known for leg pain: but unable to work or stand for more than five hours is crap and someone needs to get down to the cause. I have heard of sciatica which is where i've had my injections and it doesnt help.. Hopefully you have better lucki than me.

Closed Thread

Tags
endometriosis, leg pain