It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
(female)

JubeeBijou HB User
Is this endo?

I'm 42 and have had 2 children. Around age 38/39 my periods became increasingly painful. Since I started my period at age 13, I would cramp for the first 2 hours on the first day, and that would be all. The cramps were rough, even then, but I handled it well. It only lasted 2 hours.

Here I am now, and the only way I can accurately describe the pain is Labor like. Celebrex or Motrin just takes the edge off, but I have gastro problems and I really should not take those meds. My pain last well beyond the first two hours of the first day. I have to medicate myself for 3-4 days. If not, it is on a scale of 1-10 an 8. After it's all over, I have gastro issues because I should not be taking NSAIDS. Tylenol just does not cut it.

I saw my gyn doc and he performed a uterine biopsy with negative results. During the biopsy he was very surprised that my cervix was "slammed shut". He said cervical stenosis could very well be causing my intense pain. He said the menstrual fluid was not able to get out, so the uterus contracts even harder to get it out.

He dilated the cervix, and took the biopsy. He told me to come back if I continue to have problems. I have. Nothing has changed. I believe he assumed dilating my cervix would help?

Since that exam, two things have happened. 1. pain AFTER sex. It's in my lower tummy pelvic area. It feels like it's bruised. This goes on for a day, then stops. 2. Since that exam, about two days after my period stops, I start having a brown/pinkish discharge. Looks like old blood. This has never happened to me before!

I feel like I'm a mess. He did tell me he was open to doing a lap procedure. Question, what's going on since my uterine biopsy? Does a lap just look into the pelvic area, minus the uterus?

I do hope I've been clear enough about what's going on with me. I'm currently having to deal with chronic anxiety, digestive issues, and now this.

Any words of advice please?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
(female)

JubeeBijou HB User
Re: Is this endo?

Just made my appointment for this Friday. We'll see...

Old 01-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
(female)

Sachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB User

Good luck! It doesn't sound like endo to me, but I hope it's not something serious like it sounds.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
(female)

JubeeBijou HB User

When talking to his nurse today, she said the brown discharge sounds like old blood. She didn't seem concerned about that, but the pain after intercourse, she said needs to be investigated. I found something on line that says pain during or after intercourse could be dyspareunia, which gave several reasons for that too.

I forgot to mention, the pain I experience for 3-4 days of my period, does go down the front of my thighs. Feels like my bones are being broken.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
(female)

Sachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB User

Yeah, usually old blood is nothing to worry about.

The definition of dyspareunia is pain during or after intercourse, and there's many different causes both physical and psychological. Honestly it sounds like your body is getting ready to start menopause ( in a few years ), and what you're experiencing is changes in your hormone levels. Ask your doctor to check that. It's not unusual for women to experience changes like this before menopause. Like I said though, I hope it doesn't turn out to be anything more serious.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
(female)

JubeeBijou HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachimi View Post
Yeah, usually old blood is nothing to worry about.

The definition of dyspareunia is pain during or after intercourse, and there's many different causes both physical and psychological. Honestly it sounds like your body is getting ready to start menopause ( in a few years ), and what you're experiencing is changes in your hormone levels. Ask your doctor to check that. It's not unusual for women to experience changes like this before menopause. Like I said though, I hope it doesn't turn out to be anything more serious.
I will definitely tell the doctor that I would like my hormone levels checked. Thank you, Sachimi!

Old 01-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
(female)

You're welcome, good luck!

Closed Thread