It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 03:27 AM   #1
(female)

arla7247 HB User
maybe someone with endo could tell me

Hi ladies,quite a while ago after putting it off as long as I could,I was rushed in for emergency hysterectomy. I was afraid of the outcome,thats why the delay.I asked the gyno to please leave one ovary,again,fear.After the surgery he apologized and told me it was necessary to take both,because everything was attached as a mass with the uterus. I am having other problems now , that is why I am wondering,was that endo?Can you still have endo after a complete hystrectomy?
Thanks for any help you can offer
Arla7247

Old 05-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
(female)

love94 HB User
Re: maybe someone with endo could tell me

Hi, i am a 17 year old with endo i found out last year from a laperoscopy after years of pain(it runs in my family) im pretty sure once you get a histerectomy you cant get endo. because that is one of the ways to stop endo. im not 100% sure though but you should probably go bak to your GYN or go to the doctor and get maybe an pelvic ultrasound or something just let them know your problems and go from there. Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2012, 12:43 AM   #3
(female)

NaughtyElvis HB User

When I had my hyst. I was told that Endo. could actually get into your bowels and appendix. When I had my surgery I had them take my appendix, too. I figured that would be one less thing to have issues with in the future lol. Having a hysto. was the greatest thing I ever did. I had already had my kids and was done with that... I wish you lots of luck!!

Old 07-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
(female)

Pharmale HB User

Hello, I havebeenhaving pelvicpain forabout5 months now, I have always Had heavy, painful, dreadful, periods and my gyno said I had dysmenorreah. The pills he sent did.nothing. I went to the emergency room after vomiting for 2 days, a lot of pain and they sent more pills that didn't do anything . I feel like if my ovariesare being poked, I am waiting my ultrasound and will go to the doctor on Tuesday. I have depression, anxiety, mood swings, naseus plus vomiting. Can this be endo?

Old 07-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
(female)

NaughtyElvis HB User
Smile Re: maybe someone with endo could tell me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmale View Post
Hello, I havebeenhaving pelvicpain forabout5 months now, I have always Had heavy, painful, dreadful, periods and my gyno said I had dysmenorreah. The pills he sent did.nothing. I went to the emergency room after vomiting for 2 days, a lot of pain and they sent more pills that didn't do anything . I feel like if my ovariesare being poked, I am waiting my ultrasound and will go to the doctor on Tuesday. I have depression, anxiety, mood swings, naseus plus vomiting. Can this be endo?
Have they checked you for ovarian cysts? I had similar symptoms and ended up in ER. I ended up having cysts. Very painful and had vomiting. Does your pain last for the whole month or just a couple weeks? Also, the stabbing pains could be ovulation. I would check into the cysts and endo tho. Good luck on Tuesday!

Jen

Old 07-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
(female)

Pharmale HB User

Hi thank for answering!
Yes my gyno made me so an ultrasound, the ones pending, for cysts.
The pain is all month long, gets worse during ovulation and period. But its always there.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #7
(female)

Pharmale HB User

Hi thank for answering! Yes my gyno made me so an ultrasound, the ones pending, for cysts. The pain is all month long, gets worse during ovulation and period. But its always there.

Closed Thread