It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
(female)

freshstart86221 HB User
Question Recently diagnosed...

Was diagnosed with Endometriosis about 2 months ago. My doc laid out my options for me, and I chose the Amethyst BCP, with only one period a year. It's not helping, it's actually making the pain more consistant. It's now a daily thing, feeling like my period is going to be here soon, except it doesn't show up. I just got LidoDerm patches, and will try one tomorrow. Anyone have any success with these? If they don't work, I might as well schedule the laporoscopy...(Doc said she didn't need one to diagnose endo, since the quick basic pelvic exam brought me to tears).
I'm tired of being in pain...have tried EVERY OTC method, nothing really works...

Old 08-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
(female)

viennah HB User
Re: Recently diagnosed...

I would consider a lap, it could remove lesions, cysts, and replace your anatomy if endo has it all glued up together. In the meantime, if hormones don't help, you may get some relief with alternative methods.

You can try osteopathy or physiotherapy. Both have practitioners that specialize in gyno issues, pelvic pain, and endometriosis. Not everyone though, so call around. It helps you learn what your pelvic muscles are up to, muslces we are not normally concious of. My vagina, especially the left side, was extremely tight and the muscle wouldn't loosen, hence making my pain worst. It helped losen up the pelvic muscles, and i still do the exercises to relief pain.

Some people say acupunture, massage therapy and other alternative medicines have helped manage symptoms.

You wont find a cure, but you have nothing to lose trying out different things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread