It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
(female)

lindsay0891 HB User
Is endo a possibility?

I've been suffering with a mystery illness for five months now. It started with a virus and I just have not felt well ever since (but that might be a coincidence). I have had every test under the sun besides an ultrasound of my reproductive organs, which I will be getting next week.

In March I started noticing that I got nauseous more often that I used to and I just thought it was stress. I was still able to live a pretty normal life, though. I think around the middle of the month I started getting bad gas, I would just feel like air was built up inside me and I had to belch about a million times. That's still happening and is the one symptom that's been very consistent. I came down with what seemed like a virus or flu at the end of April, and then in the middle of May I got what I thought was a stomach flu. I think I was on my period at the time but when it ended the symptoms didn't go away. It started to get a little better after about two weeks and it's been off and on ever since. I also started on birth control at the beginning of June.
For a while I would wake up every morning and vomit. Some days it was just very intense nausea that I could wait out but most of the time I would vomit. Then I would start having a few days where I didn't vomit followed by more of the same. Then it started happening less and less often, and now I rarely actually vomit. However, when I wake up every day I feel an urgent need to use the bathroom (it feels like I'm going to be sick if I don't get to the bathroom as soon as possible) and sometimes I have to go a couple of times. I've also had some rectal bleeding that varies in severity. I'm not sure if it's just from using the bathroom more often or if it's an endo symptom.

Some other issues I've had are dizziness and spells where I feel like I could faint. I have always had menstrual cramps but it seems like they've gotten worse in recent years, and now they make me nauseous. Today was the first day of my period and I felt very sick when I had cramps this morning.

I was wondering if endo is a possibility even though I don't have intense pelvic pain. Probably about halfway through my cycle I will have some very mild cramping that feels like a period, and that's been going on since March as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Is endo a possibility?

This really sounds more like GI tract problems, and an ulcer can make people nauseated, with vomiting intermittently. I would expect endo to cause low pelvic pain with menses, different than the usual cramping, more severe and sharp. Endo doesn't cause pain between periods unless you have lots of adhesions in pelvis from it, and it doesn't cause gas, belching and nausea/vomiting. I would see your Dr. and discuss this. You can try some antacid and OTC ranitidine (ZANTAC) or Prilosec to see if it helps in meantime. All three are helpful for ulcer related symptoms. The rectal bleeding needs checked anyway, so a trip to Dr. for both would be best.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
(female)

lindsay0891 HB User
Re: Is endo a possibility?

Thanks. I've been told endo can cause gas and bloating but I wasn't really sure how common that is. I do have a transvaginal ultrasound coming up and after that I'll be seeing a gastroenterologist. GI symptoms are just part of what's been going on with me lately but maybe if that can get addressed I can get on the road to feeling better as a whole.

Closed Thread