It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
(female)

SierraMay HB User
Do I have Endometriosis? Please help!

Hello, I have had painful heavy periods for about four years now I haven't done anything about it until this year. I saw a gynecologist in March after I was in so much pain I was screaming and couldn't move. Before I saw a gynecologist I had terrible cramps, which stopped me from doing daily activities and going to school, heavy periods, and it's embarrassing but the worst gas and bowel problems, and other things like vomiting, hot flashes and such when I went to to the doctor it just seen she waved anyway having cancer and endometriosis because I didn't know of any family members that had it but she just waved away my problems diagnosis me with dysmenorrhea and put me on birth control. The only thing that changed since birth control is my cramps don't hurt as much and my periods are lighter. But I'm still having painful bowel problems while on my period and I'll have pelvic pain and even when I'm not on my period I'll randomly have a shooting pelvic pain. I don't think I have cancer but could I have endometriosis? Please help and thank you for your time!

The following user gives a hug of support to SierraMay:
writeleft (10-31-2012)
Old 11-01-2012, 12:02 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Do I have Endometriosis? Please help!

Endometriosis is a hard one to diagnose, and I ran into similar experiences with doctors before finally getting diagnosed. I encourage you to persevere until you find the right doctor to treat you. This goes with this and any other illness you ever have. You can never give in until you find a solution.

I would keep a calender with your symptoms on it, that you can look at to see patterns and cycles of your symptoms. Having a concrete document of your exact dates and times of events can be really helpful to your doctor to diagnose you.

Keep good records of all your tests and results, as well as your personal log of events. Being active in your own health care is very important, now more than ever.

Just dont give up...till you get the relief you are seeking.
Best to you...

The Following User Says Thank You to writeleft For This Useful Post:
SierraMay (11-01-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
(female)

Nlj527 HB User

Yes be persistent! Took me years to get diagnosed.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
(female)

Anymator2007 HB User

Sounds to me to be Endo symptoms. The only way to diagnose Endometriosis is thru a laparoscopy. Good luck!

Closed Thread