It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 06:13 AM   #1
(female)

HopefulDoll HB User
Have to have injections and Antidepressants

I have just had surgery to remove another ovarian cyst,endo and adhesions. I also had surgery in March. The OB wants to know put me on decapeptyl (like Lupron I think) injections for 3 months to bring on a temporary menopause and hopefully shrink fibroids and help other issues. When I went to see my MD he said that these injections have bad side effects, especially mood wise so he wants to put me on antidepressants the day after I have my first injection.
My questions are:

How bad are these injections,what are the side effects and will they actually help endo,ovaries and fibroids and for how long will they help? Will I gain weight?

Regarding the antidepressants: He has prescribed Citralopram (sp). Does this also have side effects? Also, does this or injections cause weight gain, I really want to avoid weight gain as I just had Mirena removed and had gained 12lbs in 5 months!

Sorry for all the questions but I'm really worried that I'll end up a mental mess and since I already have anxiety I don't want more. Please let me know your experiences. Thank you.

By the way,other issues I have: Fibromyalgia, Hiatus Hernia, Costochondritis, Nodules on my Thyroid. Will these be affected too?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Will I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB User
Re: Have to have injections and Antidepressants

Hello there! I've suffered with bouts of anxiety and depression for close to 20 years. I've also always had painful/heavy periods. At 17, i was told i had polycystic ovaries. In recent years, my periods have become worse. I had lap done last year to find the beginning of endo. I'm 34. I said no to Lupron because it doesn't seem natural. I was also terrified of worsening depression and rapid weight gain. I hate the pain but bring put into menopause seemed unnatural. I don't have children and don't know if I will but I'm afraid of what Lupron may do to my body. Everyone is different. I just wanted to share my story. If only we could click our heels three times.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread