It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
(female)

AspieChic HB User
Constant PMS Complete w/cramps: Endo?

I went to the ER with severe lower back/abdominal/thigh pain and was diagnosed with 2 small ovarian cysts. Despite their small size, the pain, bloating and PMS-like depression are severe. The doctor said that "no cause was found" for my pain, basically implying that the cysts were a coincidence.

My cramps have ALWAYS been awful but have been worsening for the past year. (I frequently take 25-30 ibuprofens in the first 24 hours of my period but it doesn't help much). Now I have mild cramping for about 3 weeks out of the month in addition to my menstrual cramps. I've gained about 15 lbs in a month. New stretch marks are popping up on my hips, thighs and back because the weight gain happened so fast.

Could two tiny cysts be causing all this misery? Nothing else was found on ultrasound or CT scan. I don't have insurance, so laparoscopy is out of the question.

ADDITIONAL INFO: I'm 28, 5'2 and around 125 lbs.

Any personal stories or advice appreciated!

Old 03-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
(female)

krogil HB User
Re: Constant PMS Complete w/cramps: Endo?

Hello,

I'm 26 and was diagnosed with Endo about 2 years ago. I feel like your issues are absolutely Endometriosis, which is a shame because I do not wish this upon anyone. Extreme Bloating that makes you feel like you really have to poop but you don't and its like a sharp pain in your pelvic area which, are both quick and extended. I'm miserable and feel sick all the time. It's impossible to lose weight because of the bloating and the hormones in the medication. I weigh 180lbs and have for about 1 1/2 years and no matter what I eat or how much I work out I've only been able to lose 10 lbs.
My endo began a lot like yours where, during my period I would have major pain and my mother would take me to the ER. After 2 or 3 years of going to the ER and Drs telling me that it was "mysterious cysts" I finally went to a new OBGYN and they gave me a interultrasound... I think that's what its called. Immediately the OBGYN knew what it was and said I had to go get Laproscopic surgery. (I had my parents insurance back then) I got the surgery and felt good for a few months while on Seasonique. The Seasonique makes me nauseous, but I guess that's better than the alternative.
I was still having pain so I went through 2 doses (6 months) of a drug called Lupron, which basically throws my body into a temporary menopause.
I finished with that and felt fine for a couple months, and went on Low-Seasonique.
I am currently having my first period in about 10 months and its a rough one. With Low-Seasonique not having enough hormone, my endo has flared up again and I am in some of the worst pain I've had. I have to start the Seasonique again on Monday and I have another Interultrasound on Tuesday to see if I need surgery again.
I'm really having a rough time coming to terms with the fact that this is the way its going to be. You don't get rid of endo... you just manage it. I call my pains "episodes", and I have anxiety about having them in public or at work because they are almost crippling at times.
Although I hope you do not have Endo, I do think that its better to take the medication (birth control) than to not take it. If you get the right dose, it really makes a difference on a day to day basis, and I get my period every 3 months and its not as bad.
I hope I helped.... I think typing this helped me vent a bit too.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Kro

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread