It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2013, 06:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Unhappy What do you do for your Endometriosis? PLEASE HELP!

Hi,

I am a 46 year old and have this. I have been told by two OB's that I should have a "Complete Hysto", and I don't want to do this, my other option was Birth Control, or Lupon shots.

I am scared to death, and used to be able to talk to my mom about anything, but she has early stages of dementia, and I don't want her to worry about my problem. I am having a very hard time dealing with these issues. I love my mom so much and hate seeing what the disease is doing to her........((((((

I have painful intercourse and this is not fair to my husband, anxiety, out of this world, painful periods, IBS-C, can't go like normal.

I am scard to death and have to be strong for my mom. Can anyone please give me advise or options on what to do. I don't want to have a Hysto, for all the things I will go through, but I know the time is coming. My heart is always beating fast, and I just hurt. I don't know where to turn.

What do some of you all do for the pain? I take way too much Alieve that it literally tears my stomach up that time of the month.

Please I am at my witts end. Please help me.

God Bless,
D

The following user gives a hug of support to himmylover:
shug767 (06-21-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Re: What do you do for your Endometriosis? PLEASE HELP!

Please anybody??? I so need your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
(female)

shug767 HB Usershug767 HB Usershug767 HB Usershug767 HB User

I'm so sorry for all that's going on with you.
I dont really know much about endometriosis other than knowing one person who has this but she does not have pain.
I just had to comment to let you know that someone is "out here".
There seems to be so much going on with you that I would suggest maybe seeing a theropist to at least dump all your feelings on.
I am really sorry I could not be of more help but know there are people out here thinging of you and hoping for the best.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I have thought the same thing too

Just guess I am a chicken......

Old 06-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
(female)

Adilene HB User

I have the same problem. I'm at a point where I actually just want to have a hystorectomy and be done. But I am only 25 with one child. I was told by my doctor to take birth control and to also skip the sugar pill. He said that would helpy ovarian cysts go away and "shrink" the endometriosis. I still have to start taking the birth control. I have been debating on it because I am scared of the possible side effectes. I suffer from anxiety and I refuse to take meds, unless I can't take the pain anymore. I see you wrote you have anxiety and hurt all the time. Where exactly do you hurt?? I personally feel like I hurt everywhere:/

The Following User Says Thank You to Adilene For This Useful Post:
himmylover (06-26-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

HI!

I have severe anxiety don't know if it hormones or what? I am going to have blood work to see what they are looking like.

I hurt having sex with hubby and feel very sorry for him. I generally hurt about two weeks up to my period. The pain is in my back, stomach and even effects my legs, and I am not over weight.

I am like you with BC scard of the SE. We should googl and see what ones have the least side effects, but SE effect everyone differently.

I know the pain and yours and it is driving me crazy but not ready for a surgery like that. I had three fibroids taken out in 2008 but know for a fact per my OBGYN that some have come back. Waste of lots of money.

What road are you looking at? A total Hyst?

Reply Reply