It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endometriosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
(female)

ljordant09 HB User
Someone please reply

I have posted multiply times and no on ever answers but this time I am in a lot of need of answers.
I had mirena put in two weeks ago, nothing about it went smoothly. I was trying to check to make sure it was still in and couldn't find it so I had my doctor do it (just a family doctor) she couldn't find it either. Any ideas??
We did an ultrasound to try and find it but the tech wasnt forsure if he found it or not so I got recommended to a different obgyn.

While looking for the IUD on an ultrasound, they found a very large cyst, measuring in at 6.37 cm by 4.25 cm, causing a lot of pain. Does this mean it has to be removed??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
(female)

HopefulDoll HB User
Re: Someone please reply

I had a Mirena for a few months. I couldn't find the strings at any time. My doc checked and also couldn't find it. My Gynae then did an ultrasound and could see it then. He also saw that I had a cyst on my ovary.

I had that cyst removed a few weeks before the Mirena was inserted and when it was removed it was discovered that I have endometriosis. That cyst was caused by the endo but they reckoned that the cyst I had while the Mirena was there was a different type of cyst and was caused by the Mirena (which is a known side effect)

I had both the Mirena and the cyst removed at the same time. Hope this is some help and let me know if you have any questions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2013, 01:26 AM   #3
(female)

Rchl HB User

Get that cyst taken care of. If it ruptures it can cause a lot more problems. I've had a total hysterectomy and am still fighting my battle with endometriosis. Granted, my case is rare, but with each cyst that ruptures, it's like it just spreads it around and makes it harder to clean up during surgery. One left over cell can grow back leading you right back to where you started. I have no experience with Mirena but if it gets lost that easily, I'd reconsider.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Usually cysts that large are surgically removed. There is a chance the cyst is from the endometriosis, and while they are removing it, they should look for all endometrial implants and cauterize or remove them to prevent future problems. It is usually impossible to find them all, but removal of most of them can help.

Reply Reply