Get your furnace heater checked out -Carbon Monoxide mimics parkinson's,heart,memory
Well we got our winter heater check up and the guy had to turn off the gas. The unit was 15 years old and rusted with cracks a deadly combination. While I was researching recalled brands or fire hazard brands I pulled up some astonishing info put together by a HVAC -heating ventalation air conditioning- group. Carbon Monoxide can cause death (common knowlwdge) and an array of ailments twitching, memory issues, Parkinson like issues, heart conditions etc. It goes to show you what you can't see smell hear or taste can kill you -carbon monoxide. they wrote a story about a church holding a wedding and all the guests/party were feeling ill sleepy etc. a year later the reporter followed up with them and they were still feeling the ill effects of that one day.
If you have an old house or a heater from earlier than 2000 -get it serviced or changed out -don't think about turning it on if you have not had it inspected regularly. We had never gotten the winter check up before but decided to do it this year for some reason. Our Heater guy saved our lives. When they took out the old one the cracks were in plain sight and corroded with rust usually the cracks are hidden he said. every 10-12 years 2K not bad compared to wiping out a family. It was a very Thankful Thanksgiving. Be Safe.
Cigarette packages are labeled with a warning about carbon monoxide.